Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

How excited were you to take your Kids out ?!?!

Moosie

Grand poopa
I'm Fetching Stoked this year. I took my oldest (12) out for bear hunting tonight for the first time. Last year he got his first duck and it was a great time. Next week we go down to Texas. I'm more excited for him then me this year !!!!!!

I almost count the days that I can take Kawika out deer hunting. He always wants to go and do some kind of shooting/hunting. Just yesterday we were out playing baseball and he saw some birds flying by. He told me to hurry and pitch the ball because he wanted to try and hit the bird in the air with the baseball.

Do you remember the feeling of your first hunt where you actually had a gun in your hands and you hear something walking towards you. It turns out to be a Doe deer, you don't have a tag for her but your heart is ripping out of your chest? Yeah, it's like that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! John:D

There is nothing like it. Looking fwd. to taking Ken Jr. on his first elk hunt, hopefully in 2010.

One of my fondest memories was my son arrowing his first blacktail deer. Seeing how excited they get before each hunt is priceless. Keep passing it on boys......

There is nothing quite like it to be there and watch the youngsters enjoy the hunt. When my boys have success I get way more excited than when I do. Through the years the youth hunts have been my favorites. Sad fact now is the youngest son will be 18 this fall. No more little buddies for Dad. But very proud to hunt to with young men.:cool:

I think you will come to enjoy him hunting as much as you enjoy it yourself. Get him a couple of hogs next week to start his summer off right.

This was Jake's first deer when he was 9. I call this my Rambo picture of him. He was so happy he finally got a deer, he had missed one the prior season and then had a couple of misses before he connected on this one. I was thrilled with that one and everyone since then.

0230495-R1-015-6.jpg

Oscar...just think back the past 4 yrs of me posting pics of Alexis and her hunting adventures. There aren't many words to describe the feelings I get hunting with her. I do not care if I get to hunt or kill anything anymore...its weird...being as hunting has been such a large part of my life for the past 30 yrs.

I look forward to you and your childrens pics and stories in the future. ;)

Speaking of Texas...she wants to go down to Thompson Temple Ranch where you guys have been a couple of times, she says she wants to shoot some rams.

The last couple of year both my son and step son have been hunting with me, now this year both of them drew for their first antalope tags and my step son drew for buck deer and elk!! I don't know who is more excited!!

Talk about a thread that brings back memories...laying in the willows shooting at ducks a mile high as my dad just smiles and reminds me that if I wait a little longer one might get close enough to hit...but follows that up with if you want to keep shooting that is fine too. Wham, Wham, Wham! Got more shells dad!

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back