How did you find hunt talk?

captaincoot

Time to vote again. Sorry guys you don't get to vote. Looks like I F'd it up. So you got to type how you found the site now. I was surfing the web for hunting sites and found this one.

Last edited:
I saw that HuntTalk.com was a sponsor of On Your Own Adventures. Big Fin's signature line didn't ID him as Randy Newberg, so it took a couple of weeks to figure that out. Lurked for some time learning the social graces of HuntTalk before posting.

I google searched the zone I was drawn for to pronghorn hunt and a link for a thread on this forum popped up. After lurking for a while I signed up.

I had been on another forum (now almost gone due to some very bad decisions on the part of the originator) where I had met my hunting partner but it had become stagnant and a lit mean. So after watching the the show one night I went looking for this site and have been happy with it since.

Told a friend from Idaho that I was thinking of hunting Montana and he suggested this site because of the Montana guys on here. New to forums (and computers for that matter) so lurked for awhile. Now I'm logged in whenever I'm near a computer - which means at work.
Come to think of it, I don't even know that guy's handle on here...Gary? is that you???

I came over in the Migration of the "The Gathering" from huntinfo.net. That was about 3 lifetimes ago... ;)

Poring thru forums for elk hunting info and bumped into Moosie's spell check paradise. Some of the funniest stuff I've ever read....also some of the best info money can't buy.

Moosie's trolling lured me in from Monster Muleys.

Sure wish our former leader would drop in a bit more.

Google'd looking for any info online about the elk tag I drew this year. Had never heard of OYOA or Fresh Tracks until then--- glad I found this place--- best info and best hunting shows on the market.

Migrated here from HIS back in the day when Moosie started this gig, there was maybe a dozen or so guys here, curious how many members there are now?

Migrated here from HIS back in the day when Moosie started this gig, there was maybe a dozen or so guys here, curious how many members there are now?
Who you miss most Deerslayer, Bcat or Raven Beauty?? ;) :D

About 11 yrs ago I was a life member of another American hunting club and there was a big change in leadership. The forum got pretty hot with upset members who were taking to task some of the censoring of expression, and viewpoint, that was getting more and more restrictive. It got to the point where management got called out by members and all of a sudden the forum was completely shut down for about a week.

When it was re-opened, management chastised the membership and outlined the club was Not a hunting club, but rather a marketing organization whose mission was to promote sponsors outdoor activity merchandise. (did not sit well with many, many members) Then individual members began to be selectively banned from the forum. Law suits ensued.

I was in PM with several of these members and on ol' geezer called "Paws" (remember him guys ?)told me about Hunt Talk. I checked it out and was hooked.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back