Yeti GOBOX Collection

How are your Kids set for points?

2rocky

Just got my worksheet for applying in my home state of California, as well as my daughter's.

I am one point behind maximum in Pronghorn and Sheep, and I've started over once for elk and twice for deer.

My 14 year old has 2 points (her maximum possible due to her age ) in deer, pronghorn and elk. I never even applied for sheep points for her since I know that it wouldn't mean anything to her to draw a sheep tag and she wouldn't want to work that hard to try to shoot a sheep.

Do you have your kids up to the max in drawing points? Do they appreciate it?

My 3 youngest kids have 0 points because they dont have an interest in hunting

My oldest is grown now so I didnt include him

Started my son on maine moose points so far. And, if his grades improve this marking period, he'll get some Wy. points this summer

My boys didn't decide they wanted to hunt anything but birds until they were a little older, so we're just getting started with my oldest who is 16. He pulled a junior rifle cow tag for elk this year which is great because he has only been on unsuccessful javelina & turkey hunts so far. His teacher just isn't very good. My youngest (gonna be 15 in 3 weeks) wants to shoot archery and wants me to buy him a bow but doesn't want to put the work in to learn and practice first. He has only hunted turkeys and that was last weekend (no luck) with a shotgun. He wants nothing to do with a rifle, so far at least.

Arizona doesn't give bonus points to kids if they apply for junior hunts--just general, so my oldest has 1 antelope point and that's it. He doesn't have any interest in hunting sheep, so I haven't put him in for points yet but probably will this year for both.

My 5 year old doesn't have any points yet, but he has a lifetime hunting license for Texas already.

If he shows much of an interest I'll be putting him in for points in a lot of western states as soon as he is eligible.

My son graduates college in 3 weeks. 15 AZ elk points, 12 deer points, he drew the AZ strip when he was
12. 11 CO points for deer and elk. Max points for deer, elk and antelope in WY and various points in other states. Happy Graduation!! Hope he gets a good job so he can enjoy these opportunities .

In Cali., I'm two behind for deer and elk.

In other states, well it will be a few years before I need to apply for any general season tags.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chamoy
Back