How are you spending your time?

• Thread starter Deleted member 38069
  • Start date
Lmao I've eaten a cold lunch every day, 6 days a week for the last 15 years and I'm usually home maybe twice a week in time to have dinner that doesnt need to be reheated. Whats the big deal?. I didn't think cold lunch could put such a damper on a real hero. Btw a little pro tip if you wrap your lunch in tin foil and open the hood on that truck your driving the manifold works wonders for heating things up. 😉 Wow this went off in the weeds fast.
You keep going back to lunch. It's not like I can just run down to the store and pick something up. It's not like I'm at home and can adjust my daily plans. Go live in your bathroom for a week. See how you do with that.

You keep going back to lunch. It's not like I can just run down to the store and pick something up. It's not like I'm at home and can adjust my daily plans. Go live in your bathroom for a week. See how you do with that.
Anyone can change the career /life anytime they want in this country if they really want imo. Good luck out there jasher, stay safe. I'm not going to help derail this any further.

I'm not saying people can't change careers. How many people would raise their hands to a job that duties include, high likelihood to being exposed to a deadly virus, no personal protection equipment provided, work 14 hours a day, bring your food and try to figure out how to heat it up, get treated like crap by the general public. Maybe I should have rephrased the "true heroes" to the people doing the most without notice.

I'm not saying people can't change careers. How many people would raise their hands to a job that duties include, high likelihood to being exposed to a deadly virus, no personal protection equipment provided, work 14 hours a day, bring your food and try to figure out how to heat it up, get treated like crap by the general public. Maybe I should have rephrased the "true heroes" to the people doing the most without notice.
So, like, a teacher?

Working full time remotely. It isn't a huge change from being in the office since those we with are in a different building 15 minutes away. Oh, and I'm also homeschooling the kids until the district decides to implement e-learning. It's great to be with my kids and my dog every day! We're watching more movies than the 2 or 3 a month we used to.

Dude I hear a little bit of where you’re coming from.
It sounds like you need to take a vacation.
Give your boss 2 weeks notice before you go.
Hope all is well, buddy.
#keeptheleftdoorshut #stayinit

I
Dude I hear a little bit of where you’re coming from.
It sounds like you need to take a vacation.
Give your boss 2 weeks notice before you go.
Hope all is well, buddy.
#keeptheleftdoorshut #stayinit
I definitely need a vacation. The stress factors right now aren't the normal day to day that goes with the job. I know a lot of people are under different stress levels. If I would have known a month ago where I'd be today I would have put in for my vacation then. I just wanted to shed some light on the truck drivers. We all have heard about every profession that anyone has said anything about in this thread. The only time you hear about a truck driver it's negative.

Idk, my wife and I are always amazed how we can order a custom made bowlers hat from Zimbabwe and get next day delivery from Amazon. Like how??? And it’s free!

I've been working a second job as my first job is slow and will come to an end April 30th but I was just informed that due to low oil prices, my side hustle/consulting gig is ending on Friday. Guess I'll need to find a hobby or something.

Thanks for the best wishes guys, I am confirmed but the family is OK so far. I wipe the door down with a clorox wipe leaving and entering and luckily we have all nonperishable food downstairs. Tap water, granola bars and wheat thins are getting old. I am freezing and sweating like my pillow and blanket are drenched within the hour but shivering and can't catch my breath. No energy to fire up the grill. Have not slept since noon yesterday it seems my body doesn't trust itself to breath automatically when I fall asleep. Exhausted but just won't fall asleep. Luckily working from home indefinitely so there is that. Like a bad flue but wouldn't want to catch it at an advanced age.

Thanks for the best wishes guys, I am confirmed but the family is OK so far. I wipe the door down with a clorox wipe leaving and entering and luckily we have all nonperishable food downstairs. Tap water, granola bars and wheat thins are getting old. I am freezing and sweating like my pillow and blanket are drenched within the hour but shivering and can't catch my breath. No energy to fire up the grill. Have not slept since noon yesterday it seems my body doesn't trust itself to breath automatically when I fall asleep. Exhausted but just won't fall asleep. Luckily working from home indefinitely so there is that. Like a bad flue but wouldn't want to catch it at an advanced age.
Good luck and hope you get well soon!

Sounds like my life for 21 years

FFS let it go.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back