How are you spending your time?

• Thread starter Deleted member 38069
  • Start date
Trucker clock who wants it!!!
If you guys don’t know what that means without looking it up you ain’t trucked a day.
I'm still working. Truck drivers won't get anytime off. Trucks stop everything stops. Then we really won't have any tp or food. The real heroes. We don't get any protective equipment and are exposed to tons of people from all over everyday
I was with you and your reply until "The real heroes", part. That takes some stones to write that comment. Considering how many Military/LEOs are on here. Especially when you were just upset and protective about your Grandfather's service!

In my years in the Chair Force, I've experienced places in Venezuela and Afghanistan that would change your mind. I'd take a truck stop with weird people as a vacation. That's my small take on it. There are users on here that have seen and been through much worse.
I don't know what you are thinking, but I've done both the military and truck driver. Driving truck I almost had my trailer blown over, was in rainstorms where I could barely see the end of the hood, near Tornados, flash floods in the desert and pretty much constantly dodging idiots on the interstate. I finally gave it up one night when I fell asleep for about half a mile. One difference between driving truck and the military is driving truck you are pretty much on your own.

IMO nothing wrong with having a little pride in your profession.

And, by the way, there are truck divers in Afganistan, Iraq and pretty much every other chit hole on the planet.

I was with you and your reply until "The real heroes", part. That takes some stones to write that comment. Considering how many Military/LEOs are on here. Especially when you were just upset and protective about your Grandfather's service!

In my years in the Chair Force, I've experienced places in Venezuela and Afghanistan that would change your mind. I'd take a truck stop with weird people as a vacation. That's my small take on it. There are users on here that have seen and been through much worse.
We live in a 10x10 box day in day out. All restaurants are now closed. Where do we get to eat? Not like I can go through the drive thru.

We are the most disrespected profession in America even though everything you have comes on a truck. Nothing goes anywhere without a truck.

So right now while everyone else is worried about stocking up on toilet paper and food I'm worried about where I can get something to eat or where I can go to the bathroom. No one is letting drivers inside of buildings. All that just so you can fight over a roll of toilet paper.

Get a styrofoam cooler? Maybe a loaf of bread and some peanut butter and jelly?
I’m very lucky because I only have to run the road in the winter and I’m not usually gone more than 2 nights a week.
With that being said I pride myself on not eating out and I’m pretty sure I’ve only eaten fast food like 5 times in the past 3 years.
Ps Chick-fil-A breakfast burritos in Des Moines don’t count as fast food because they’re a guilty pleasure.
We live in a 10x10 box day in day out. All restaurants are now closed. Where do we get to eat? Not like I can go through the drive thru.

We are the most disrespected profession in America even though everything you have comes on a truck. Nothing goes anywhere without a truck.

So right now while everyone else is worried about stocking up on toilet paper and food I'm worried about where I can get something to eat or where I can go to the bathroom. No one is letting drivers inside of buildings. All that just so you can fight over a roll of toilet paper.

Also this is a war. A war with an enemy you can't see. Guns and bombs are no use against it. I might not be at the hospital taking care of the patients but I am in the hot zones not knowing who has it and who doesn't. My only line of defense is a box of latex gloves that I had to purchase myself. 1 box of 50. How long is that going to last? I have 4 stops today. 3 around Detroit and 1 in Indianapolis. All starting to explode with new cases every day. No one is giving us any kind of protective gear.

Ok you went a little bit far with this one.
You’ve been on the road for too long, driver.
Also this is a war. A war with an enemy you can't see. Guns and bombs are no use against it. I might not be at the hospital taking care of the patients but I am in the hot zones not knowing who has it and who doesn't. My only line of defense is a box of latex gloves that I had to purchase myself. 1 box of 50. How long is that going to last? I have 4 stops today. 3 around Detroit and 1 in Indianapolis. All starting to explode with new cases every day. No one is giving us any kind of protective gear.

Get a styrofoam cooler? Maybe a loaf of bread and some peanut butter and jelly?
I’m very lucky because I only have to run the road in the winter and I’m not usually gone more than 2 nights a week.
With that being said I pride myself on not eating out and I’m pretty sure I’ve only eaten fast food like 5 times in the past 3 years.
Ps Chick-fil-A breakfast burritos in Des Moines don’t count as fast food because they’re a guilty pleasure.
I carry food with me. I actually bought a dorm size refrigerator with a separate freezer. There's only so much room in it and with the limited access to heating things up makes for some difficult times. I have my camp stove for emergencies and have used it this week. My wife has been trying to find canned soup and other stuff I can bring that I can put right on the stove. My next option might be trying to find some mountain house or something like that.

Building arrows for Deer/Javelina season...then my bow exploded yesterday am!
Buiding a new bow... 〽💥

Reactions: ZBB
Currently working from the house but with the amount of bs busy work to justify us being home I’d almost rather be at the office. When you have idiots for managers it’s better to let them get tied up into their own stuff instead of them actually having to be managers.

Now when I say almost rather.... it’s been nice not commuting and staying home with the dogs. There’s a curtain open and an eye out for squirrels in the yard. Plus me and my brother doubled up on pigs Monday evening. Finishing the last round of jars this morning.

61C3C1C2-0A50-4393-9B74-70BC562A255E.jpeg

FD1DB456-6515-4B02-A7A1-DD5C099AA034.jpeg

Wow... Maybe spend some of that idle time working on some humility?

I agree truckers are the real heros today.

How is your past military service helping in this situation? I'm very curuous why you believe you can belittle a guy for busting his ass while you are home letting us all know what worthless tasks you're doing to keep you busy. I've seen some stupid stuff posted on here, but this is impressive.

Yes we have a bi-level I am stuck downstairs my wife and daughter upstairs. God I hope that works.
Prayers sent to you and your family I can't imagine what's been racing through your minds. Stay positive and good luck!

Lots of very dry reading (certification textbooks) mixed with some pleasure reading. Biding my time until morels really start booming here (possibly this weekend, most likely next weekend) and turkey season.

Yes we have a bi-level I am stuck downstairs my wife and daughter upstairs. God I hope that works.

Prayers and best wishes to you and your family sir.

a few of us are attempting to play musical instruments together. We also play Stemhalma, Bridge, Hearts, Poker. I was fortunate enough to find someone that plays Chess as I have always enjoyed Chess. I read in the evenings, Bible and Green Hills of Africa right now. Our outside time is restricted to one patio. Feeling fine, not going on a sheep hunt fine, but all things considered not that bad. (-:. We are not allowed visitors, but since Spain is closed down, my daughter isn't able to get here anyway, nor would I want her to come.

Dirtclod, best of luck on your bow

DouglasR. I saw Alabama on the CMA's 50th. They could still sing, but I wondered when did they get that old-----and then I looked in a mirror --well hell, when did THAT happen )-:

All the best to everyone.

I'm enjoying the corona virus here in NJ. 2 days in.

Good luck, Frank.

Still working. Been working from home for 8 years. Lots to do, and this is creating a good opportunity to catch up on projects that had been shelved in order to fight more immediate threats. It's serious enough that Butte, MT canceled Saint Patrick's Day, and my little circle of stich & bitchers canceled our usual friday gabfest.

So, just staying home after work, playing with a new puppy, throwing some pots & thinking about finally clearing out the basement of all the old trim & wood from the last remodel. Just not eager to find out how many black widows are hiding in that pile.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back