Caribou Gear Tarp

How are you spending your time?

• Thread starter Deleted member 38069
  • Start date
Prayers and best wishes to you and your family sir.

a few of us are attempting to play musical instruments together. We also play Stemhalma, Bridge, Hearts, Poker. I was fortunate enough to find someone that plays Chess as I have always enjoyed Chess. I read in the evenings, Bible and Green Hills of Africa right now. Our outside time is restricted to one patio. Feeling fine, not going on a sheep hunt fine, but all things considered not that bad. (-:. We are not allowed visitors, but since Spain is closed down, my daughter isn't able to get here anyway, nor would I want her to come.

Dirtclod, best of luck on your bow

DouglasR. I saw Alabama on the CMA's 50th. They could still sing, but I wondered when did they get that old-----and then I looked in a mirror --well hell, when did THAT happen )-:

All the best to everyone.
Europe, I just have to ask a rather stupid question and forgive me for even asking. Why did you choose to stay in Spain with all of this going on instead of going home or somewhere else?

Working from home (for a few weeks, I think, especially with school closures.)
Spending a lot of good time with the family.
Exercising daily (more than I did with a "normal" schedule!)
Reading more.
Playing a lot of board/card games with my son and wife. (damn, UNO is competitive!)
Hiking in remote areas.
Organizing the garage.
Reading even more.
Tying a few flies.
Ice climbing.
Buying tags.
Cooking good food.

Likely a few more things will pop up as the days go by.....

Working from home (for a few weeks, I think, especially with school closures.)
Spending a lot of good time with the family.
Exercising daily (more than I did with a "normal" schedule!)
Reading more.
Playing a lot of board/card games with my son and wife. (damn, UNO is competitive!)
Hiking in remote areas.
Organizing the garage.
Reading even more.
Tying a few flies.
Ice climbing.
Buying tags.
Cooking good food.

Likely a few more things will pop up as the days go by.....
Dang, you are staying busy! Good for you on reading and exercising. What flies are you tying?

Grad work continues. Thankful that my last two classes didn't get postponed so I can still fulfill degree requirements by May. My wife works at an assisted living/nursing home so they're all on edge right now trying to keep everything out. Thankful to not have income affected during this time as well. I'll probably go into the woods Thursday or Friday, hoping nobody else is there, to do some turkey scouting.

Working from home although, I did that several days each week anyways.
Finished all of my tag applications.
Finished all the camper mods to the truck.
Did a little more work even though requests are slowing.
Watched snow cover up the dog turds I didn't get to this morning.
Planning for spring fishing with the boat when the ice comes off the lake.

[/QUOTE]
Humility? Okay, I'll go on a positive thread and draw attention to how hard my job is too and claim I'm the real hero of America. Will that be humble enough?

News flash, thousands of people have thankless jobs. So, take a number.

My past experience was self deprecating and clearly deferred to others experiencing more. It was merely a statement that most people have experienced tough times. But unlike @Jasher , I wasn't using a soapbox to prove it.

Please show me where I belittled him?

My hunch is that you had too much Irish coffee this morning or not enough normal coffee.
I didn't sign up for this. You go into the military you know what is involved.

I didn't sign up for this. You go into the military you know what is involved.
[/QUOTE]
giphy.gif

Farmers, Firefighters and nurses are all among "real heroes".

Not much different for me. Still going to work everyday, coming home and running the dog, make dinner, read, bed repeat. Little weird at work and lots of staff are working from home but other than that still pretty much the same. I kind of enjoy social distancing anyway so.......

Why don't you try it for every meal just for a week. Good luck. Lunch would be simple
Lmao I've eaten a cold lunch every day, 6 days a week for the last 15 years and I'm usually home maybe twice a week in time to have dinner that doesnt need to be reheated. Whats the big deal?. I didn't think cold lunch could put such a damper on a real hero. Btw a little pro tip if you wrap your lunch in tin foil and open the hood on that truck your driving the manifold works wonders for heating things up. 😉 Wow this went off in the weeds fast.

Farmers, Firefighters and nurses are all among "real heroes".
I'm from a very rural area. The poor farmers that have a brand new truck every other year. Millions of dollars in new equipment every couple of years. I sure wish my family would have been farmers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back