House rep: Moose hunt would aid Isle Royale island, hunters

cheeser

Just another politician pandering for a vote.
So what? We all seem to default to the political aspect on everything and it isn’t healthy. This is a perfectly fine proposal. I don’t care who made it- R, D, I after their name. It was an acknowledgment of the problem and a proposal of a solution. I applaud the attempt.

So what? It's a flat bad idea put forth to create votes on an issue over which the politician has no say, for reasons that are FAR over his head. I do not applaud a faulty solution put forward by a person that cannot even implement it anyway, for the sole purpose of buying votes.

So what? It's a flat bad idea put forth to create votes on an issue over which the politician has no say, for reasons that are FAR over his head. I do not applaud a faulty solution put forward by a person that cannot even implement it anyway, for the sole purpose of buying votes.
Brent, why is it a bad idea?

Libtards will fight that all the way by the time litigation is done the moose will be gone and the wolves will starve blame it on no more ice bridge:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

Because its a NATIONAL park...about as smart as the State of Wyoming asking Yellowstone Park to allow grizzly hunting, ain't happening.

It is more than that. Wolves hunt 365 days of the year. They impact their prey and what the prey do, where they do it, how they do it, when they do it every single day. Human hunters are a 1 or 2 week blitzkrieg that kills animals but does little else. Part (a big part) of putting wolves back in the ecosystem anywhere is they induce that behavior that, in turn, rolls down the food chain affecting other animals and plants, creating relatively moose (or elk or deer) free zones and moose high-use zones. They change the complexity of the landscape.
And then there is the opportunity to do some pretty cool science that can't be done otherwise. But who cares about that?

Libtards will fight that all the way by the time litigation is done the moose will be gone and the wolves will starve blame it on no more ice bridge:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

Your ability to shoot your mouth, is about equally as impressive as your shooting yourself in the foot from the get-go...find a clue, if you can.

A vast majority of the American Public don't support hunting in National Parks.

It is more than that. Wolves hunt 365 days of the year. They impact their prey and what the prey do, where they do it, how they do it, when they do it every single day. Human hunters are a 1 or 2 week blitzkrieg that kills animals but does little else. Part (a big part) of putting wolves back in the ecosystem anywhere is they induce that behavior that, in turn, rolls down the food chain affecting other animals and plants, creating relatively moose (or elk or deer) free zones and moose high-use zones. They change the complexity of the landscape.
And then there is the opportunity to do some pretty cool science that can't be done otherwise. But who cares about that?
I don’t disagree. Politicians pander for votes. but there is a history here. It’s a semi- closed system so they keep bringing in wolves and the wolves do their job and leave , them the moose do their job and grow.
I guess I am less inclined to see boundaries as an impediment. The bison hunts in Montana are ALL Yellowstone bison, even if the hunt does not occur in park boundaries. There is no area humans have not impacted, even if I wish there was.
basically, I am willing to credit the politician for submitting an idea that wasn’t completely bats—t crazy. So that is an improvement.

Humans are not part of the food chain?

Your ability to shoot your mouth, is about equally as impressive as your shooting yourself in the foot from the get-go...find a clue, if you can.

A vast majority of the American Public don't support hunting in National Parks.
I do get it and im not runnning my mouth sorry you took it the wrong way but dont you think hunters should be able to be involved

Hunting is allowed on quit a few NPS properties. No reason it couldn't be done on Isle Royal.

Etc, etc, etc...

It's simple really... Isle has an overpopulated quantity of moose.

Talk about an opportunity to provide a great quality meat to people who could use.

Etc, etc, etc...

It's simple really... Isle has an overpopulated quantity of moose.

Talk about an opportunity to provide a great quality meat to people who could use.
Exactly.

The truth is, and has been illustrated, that they simply CANNOT rely on wolves as THE solution to this issue......even introduced, non native wolves. If they could we wouldn't even be having a discussion. Will the NPS be up for this? Probably not BUT if it gets to a point of severe habitat destruction or starvation they should certainly have to answer for it if they don't at least make a good faith consideration of the proposal.

Back