Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

His first deer

devon deer

Ollie contacted me months ago, he is very new to deer stalking, but very keen!
So I was honoured that he chose me to help him locate, stalk and shoot his first deer, in fact the only deer in season where I live in England, the Roe Buck, it was only a small one, maybe 2 years old, but he has the head, and he left me with the venison!
I have invited him back for the red deer season, just what I need, he is 6' 4'' 17 stone rugby player, ideal for red deer extraction!

Last edited:
Looks like your roe buck season is off to a great start. Do you have any big boys on the radar for any future hunts? Always fun to follow your success. Was this one shot on the new property that you got permission to hunt during red deer season?

Looks like your roe buck season is off to a great start. Do you have any big boys on the radar for any future hunts? Always fun to follow your success. Was this one shot on the new property that you got permission to hunt during red deer season?
There are a few nice bucks around, this one was literally over the hedge from where you shot your first Roe buck with me!
This was the third farm we visited on this hunt, the first buck we saw was feeding near some cows, but he saw us first and we only got a look at his white arse running back into the woods!
I'm going to butchery this one up tomorrow, I might even make some Cornish pasties, but of course made in my county of Devon, not over the border into bandit country of the county of Cornwall where @Big Ears lives!
Cheers
Richard

Alright Big Ears, Richard has put one on the board. When do we get to see what the "County of Bandits" has to offer this year with regards to roe buck?
Score stands: Devon 1 Cornwall ? :)

By golly, I recognize what that critter is! Good job! Those pasties sound good. But NO plans to go back and try any... Bigger plans. :cool:

Alright Big Ears, Richard has put one on the board. When do we get to see what the "County of Bandits" has to offer this year with regards to roe buck?
Score stands: Devon 1 Cornwall ? :)
Was thinking of writing this up. Took my son hunting and he got lucky. Sometimes helping others get a deer is just as rewarding. Hope the photo attaches!!64E46C9D-0BE7-4D4A-8DE8-43A21A0091A0.jpeg

A dandy buck Big Ears. Congratulations to you and your son. Thanks for posting.

Yep here you go. This was a hell of a hunt, we spotted this doe early on but she winded us. After an hour and a half of working around the hill and wind we caught up with her bedded in some thick stuff. 50yard neck shot did the job, I am so proud of him as it was a real stalk and not an easy shot for your first. He completed the gralloch and I got him to carry it out. :)

AAB05885-430E-4C24-B0AA-F05D2FC6D023.jpeg

Great stuff and love the pasties too mate! Must make some of them with my next deer.

Threads like this remind me I must get back to the UK to finish what I started hunting roe. Got bad weather last time so didn't get one.

Top stuff mate

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back