Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

hey paws, i got a question

horsefly

hey paws long time no talk how have ya been? well thats not the qwuestion you've allways directed me right at the old home so here it goes. 44special is it enough for hogs? i want to take my wifes gun into the field but don't know if it has enough ass to it for the job. its a rosi 44 special 4 inch barrell. right now i'm shooting factory winchester 180gr jacketed hollow points for target and am damm good can kill quaters all to hell at 15yrds off hand.and can shoot a 3inch group at 25. if this is a good enough caliber to hunt at 15-25yrds for hogs i will pick up some heavier bulletts and work up a home load (reload)for it but don't want to buy the dies and all if not. don't shoot it all the time so i don't reload for it but if it will do the job i'll start loading it also. i value your opintion and trust it also so let it rip. thanks.

Hey HouseFly.. er, BarFly.. uhhh HorseDude...

I ain't Paws (not quite THAT old yet), but I'm a'gonna toss in my $.02 in on this one.

Inside 15-30 yds, AND pigs under, say, 150#, or so, AND your up in a tree... I'd say go for it. On the ground, over 200#, and beyond 25-30 yds.....Hope Ya Got Some Serious Backup Dude!!!!

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 01-20-2004 15:18: Message edited by: Gunner46 ]</font>

thats what i thought. that it would be to light and all the shots would have been 25yrds or less and defenetly from ground well i guess i'll have to wait till next year (cash flow ) and just get another 44 or 41 mag i used to have a real nice tricked out ruger super black hawk but used to dont do any good now thanks guys and hey grizz good to see ya agian and gunner good luck at tims. thanks agian guys.

HF

Unless you'll just DIE unless you pop one with a pistol, just grab a 12Ga and some #00. KA-POWIE

Hey Horsefly!! Sorry I'm late here; but Gunner is right. Last trip down to Texas we had some yahoo talking killing with a spear!!
eek.gif
Depends on your cajones and intent I guess. If you want pork chops without risk you drive to Kroger's after rush hour. If you are looking for a hunt with minimum risk use a weapon you are certain will do the job. I would trust my 9mm 147 grain copper jackets or my 357 158 grain hollow points. I even saw a fella kill a bore with a 22 LR solid point with a single shot between the eyes; but....
rolleyes.gif
The weapon you are shooting will probably do the job; but I'd build in some safeties like Gunner suggests. Good back up if you should fall down and drop your 50 cal rifle and feel his hot breath on you though!
eek.gif
So how you been?
Glad you could make it over.
smile.gif

heck you guys make hogin sound dagerous the most fun i've ever had in my life was gettin one cornered with dogs and then two of us got hands on and draged em by the back legs fliped em and tied em thats some serious hog huntin so i aint afraid of a charge but i'm also not stupid and am not gonna stand there and say sit piggy sit either. plus i belive even a hog deserves a quick as posible clean kill. the hog we tied was #125 and the guy who took me to do this was born and raised floridian who grew up doin crazy shit like that. and by the way paws i've been real good and gfixin to join here this week.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 01-21-2004 16:15: Message edited by: horsefly ]</font>

Hey that's great Horsefly! I knew you'd like it around here.
biggrin.gif
I know what you mean by crazy. I got an idiot half brother that walks along the river bank sticking his hands into holes under the water looking for turtles!
eek.gif
I don'tknow which one of these local boys is the firearm resident expert here at Moosies. I'd say DaGriz is probably your best bet on NAHC. Gunner should have a pretty good lock. Them gyrenes get more munition education than the rest of the service branches.
biggrin.gif

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back