Hey Moosie, birdy question

Big Sky

I was talking to my buddy in Nampa last night on the phone and he said he was headed out in the morning to whack chukkar and quail. I knew Idaho had good chukkar, but I wasn't aware of the quail. When I asked where he was going he said less than 30 minutes from his house. You get after the feathers pretty hard down that way. Why haven't I ever seen you with quail or chukkars? Have you posted pics of both and I just missed them?

Just haven't chased the Upland Game that much. I have been out for Chuckar a Couple times. And Quail I've shot a few while Duck hunting but thats about it. He is right, About 30 mins From our place is soem Kick A$$ Chuckar hunting. I'll slip out this year for some Phot ops :)

till then :

1933-chuckar.jpg

Thanks man, I really miss hunting both chukkars and quail...especially the chukkars though. I appreciate the photo.

I think it's a Migratory Cobos San Fuiti so although they were taken in Region "B" I think they should count in the Nether region .......

11_19_quailb.jpg

Here is a Big one I shot :

11_19_quail_001.jpg

So they, being the birds, score higher or lower to get more points? I will assume you got them, the birds, with a short range weapon, I suppose shotgun, so more points? :confused: :confused: Good question, kay,,bye..

Actually for a Change that is a Good question Mr. Miller......

I "DID" use a Short range Weapon. I used my Arms and hands. I was Driving my Texas Style ATV , you know the one with the handwarmers and the Shooting bench attached to it, and I got to 30 MPH and this bird flew up out of a Flock... or is a Covey ? I never remember if it's one or the other although I don't remember what I had for Breakfast some days Except I do know that this morning I came in early because it was Snowing and I was Hungry around 8AM so I went to Mc D's and Ordered a Choco shake and a large Fry and a Sausage Crassont (SP?) ;) and I didn't want egg but they put it on anyways and I sure hope they didn't charge me fo it now that I think about it ...... But the Bird flew up and I caught it.

I almost dropped it due to the Fact I used the Left hand because of the Button on the 4-wheeler to make it go ZOOM ZOOM was on the right.

After Catching this migrator, I actually called F&G to make sure it was Legal then I posted the Pictures. I'm not sure how it's Scored ?!?!? Maybe a Call to SCI board to the Directors might be in order ? But on Second thought we weren't scoring birds... were we ? And this was Last years bird and Not this years bird so this years contest couldnt score last years bird even if Birds (From this year of course) were allowed..... So I couldn't use it because It was Last year.... Get it ?

It is 'covey' moosie...and unless you have a corn spinner plus a hydraulic scizzor lift shooting blind attachment, it's not a Texas style atv.

noharleyyet
Senior Poster Join Date: Nov 2004

Thanx you for your Correction...... :p

Okay, now I'm all confused. Let me see if I got this straight. You were riding on your ATV. You flocked into a covey and grabbed a tweaty with your left hand. You couldn't use your right hand because you were holding on to your McSausage trying to make it go zoom zoom. Then you called some kind of law enforcement to see if this was all legal. Did I miss anything?

I must have got everything right as you didn't contest anything. This isn't my fault it's just sometimes hard to follow your posts PanMan.

You win Oscar, you groundsluicingwithaborrowedshotgunchukarmaster. :) I'd almost forgot about that trip.

BS- Did you ever chase chukars up in W. Box Elder?? I've seen LOTS of birds up that way this year, but have always been on the clock... :(

t-bone.. And I haven't been Steelhead Fishing since ... :D

There is alot of good chuckar hunting and 3-4-3 that posts here seldom does alot of it. I rarely get out. I figure if I'm gonig to be out doing something this time of the Year I'm gunna be over Decoys :D

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbonser94
Back