Hey Bear!

MtnWest

Thank you for not eating my camera!

Got out of town this weekend to do some glassing for elk, check trail cams, etc. This big boy was doing some camera checking of his own.

Before he knocked it down I got the goofiest pic of an elk/sasquatch hybrid, then afterward my first mt lion on camera (leg anyway). Seven weeks till the Idaho archery opener...

PRMS0032_Small.jpg
funny elk.jpg
PRMS0215_Small.jpg
IMG_3337_Small.jpg
IMG_3314 - Copy_Small.jpg

Little ears, big noggin on that bear. And I agree with native on the cross between!

Yep, that second picture looks like a llamasquatch.
What are you putting on your camera that is making critters stare into it?

MTNwest.. Cool pic of the ugliest elk i've ever seen:)LOL Talk about a bad hair day. And that bear looks like a bruiser.

And, i"m no expert, but I would put $100 on that says that leg does not belong to a mtn lion...........That looks like a woof leg to me....

Llama for sure! Anyone lose a llama in the Payette forest?

What are you putting on your camera that is making critters stare into it?

Once the animals start licking the camera it's a magnet for more. I thought it was a slight shutter noise being a first gen primos truthcam but by the time they hear the noise the pic would have been taken already, and I don't have a pic of these animals prior to the stare down. Probably 10% of the pics I got had the stare.

My other cams don't have the shutter noise and it they still get licked and stared at. Should I wash my hands after bacon for breakfast?

As far as the leg, I was stumped so I googled pics of cats and they all have that tan with white chest/underbelly. I dunno?

Two elk letting me know what they thought. Just a small meadow with a spring, no bait btw.

PRMS0193_Small.jpg

The second picture needs a good caption haha. Good looking bear. Hope you're doing good.

My guess is coyote also. Too thin of a leg and short of hair to be a lion.

I have never seen a coyote in the Payette, Donnelly or Cascade area. Nor, have I ever seen a wolf in those areas, but I know wolves are in there. I have been told that very few coyotes inhabit the timbered areas that wolves now inhabit. Anyone know if this is true? Come to think of it I don't think I have seen a coyote in the last 5 or so years when hunting near timber.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back