Here's some pics for those eager to git out there.

windymtnman

Being retired, I get to horse around (literally) whenever I feel like it. Yesterday, I went out and made a 6.65 mile loop on the mountain behind our ranch. Bumped 2 Elk, but cut their sign & smells continually.
I took a pocket camera and took a few photos of my day. The Bulls are rubbing up a storm. I held my GPS up for a pic to give an idea of the size of it. Took a 2nd pic of another tree that had been very freshly destroyed. The last pic is a wallow I knew about. Fresh tracks around it, and will probably be a good place to take a nap in a week or so?
The Colorado archery season opens this weekend, however I see the weather forecast is for temps over 90 in the lower elevations. I'm not going to get in a rush to get out there and sweat for the sake of having an open season, but on the other hand, perhaps I'll find a shady place to watch a trail or two!

Attachments

• DSC00244.jpg
    DSC00244.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 994
  • DSC00245.jpg
    DSC00245.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 988
  • DSC00251.jpg
    DSC00251.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 987
Oops, I loaded a wrong picture here of an Elk skull I perched on a stump. I meant to post a pic of a fresh Elk rub.

Yeah, if I were you, I would submerse myself Rambo style in that wallow and wait for an unsuspecting critter

Fresh rubs, fresh wallows...geez, I'd definitely be perched in a nearby tree or ground blind this weekend! Good luck...post a pic when you arrow him!

I took a break from the couch last weekend and took a photo of what appears to be an elk.

50gig trail cam footage = 12 cans of IPA + hard decisions and a long 10 days.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 787
Although I was under the influence of Hopzone when doing the math, I gave him 34" of mass per side. He's pretty narrow though, under 40 inside, his weakest attribute. Will need a tractor to roll him over and field dress.

I took a break from the couch last weekend and took a photo of what appears to be an elk.

50gig trail cam footage = 12 cans of IPA + hard decisions and a long 10 days.
Hmmmmm. I'm going to stay tuned. More pics of that bull coming I bet. mtmuley

Friggin Greenhorn - unreal. stud elk from afar - is that the one picked out for the Dude?
I hope this is not like the great black bear story? A mile away is shiat, get us a better pic ya pillow biter!

Here are my scouting pics from last weekend. A few deer. 0 elk, but a great sun rise so I can not complain.

Attachments

• 100_0260.jpg
    100_0260.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 488
  • 100_0257.jpg
    100_0257.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 488

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc