Henry goes fishing

• Thread starter Deleted member 20812
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 20812

Being a true versatile dog, Henry wanted to branch out in his outdoor pursuits. He invited me to go fly fishing on a hiddent treasure in north central Big Sky country. How could I turn him down?

Alas, he should have asked for a better guide. When one fishes water like this and only comes away with one measly rainbow, you have to question the competence of said guide.

fishing 003.jpg

fishing 004.jpg

fishing 008.jpg

That said, how can one NOT have a good day spent with man's best friend in the heart of God's country?

fishing 002.jpg

fishing 001.jpg

Henry did decide that fishing involves WAY too much sitting. GPS tracker or not, I had visions of him busting out of a thicket with a grizzly bear on his trail, so I laid down the ground rule of no out-of-sight grab assing.

fishing 005.jpg

That's some great looking country. To be able to catch a fish there is icing on the cake.

I am sure Henry was envious as you stripped line off the reel. "If I only had a thumb and fore finger, that would be me!"

No such thing as a bad day fly fishing. (Or any fishing for that matter). Enjoy!

A day on the river is better than a day in the office!

Very nice! I'm hoping one of the 4 breeders I'm on a waiting list can get me a pup this fall and go through the same journey I've followed you and Henry on. It won't be a GWP/DD but it'll be a 'cousin' of sorts...

Back