Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

HECS suits for archery, real or trash

I think most products out there are just to get your $$$, other than the obvious items such as good glass, good rifle, quality boots, and quality outerwear, IMO everything else is what company has the best marketing plan to get your dollars.

My stance in life is about the same, a person can spend all their hard earned money on material items and donate to every good cause on this earth and be left with nothing, that's why I choose to live within my means and just ignore all the marketing hype and not try to keep up with the Jones'es. I apologize to any Jones'es out there, no insult intended..... 😁
AMEN so much stuff is a waste of money and is all about marketing not the product
even the anti scent stuff is a waste your local store free and clear laundry soap is the same thing for 1/4 cost unscented lye soap same stuff I use all year same thing and cost a lot less

I had a friend that bow hunt with an old recurve, smoked sigs, no camo and killed his deer if he had the time to hunt. Se did use good optics and spent hours glassing and when he did find a deer he spent time figuring out his approach. He put me within 25 feet of a good buck and I missed. The point is no gadgets just experience and patience. Sadly he passed on way to early.

I thought HECS was designed to block some kind of electromagnetic field humans produce rather than scent. You need to wear a Scent-Lok suit under your HECS suit and deploy the Ozonics machine to really bamboozle the deers.

Let's go out on a limb here and pretend that HECS suits really work. I buy one and wear it. Whether I like it or not, the experience of my hunt is going to influenced by my perception of how well this thing is or isn't working. I might even compromise on hunting fundamentals, instead relying on the science of the suit. Is this the kind of hunt I really want to have?

I still wear the army surplus camo I bought when I was in high school 🏹

I have never seen the HECS stuff in person, I have watched the little shows.... I don't buy it but who knows... My archery group has 5 guys and we all seem to run with our own brand of camo. Badlands, Sitka, Kuiu and First Lite. They all are good in my mind, I enjoy my Badlands a lot but I could never give a bad review on any other the other clothes I see in action. No one in camp complains about their clothing thats for sure. They are so close in my mind with quality, practicality, comfort, pattern, and engineering. I think even though I have a ton of Badlands, I believe most of it is marketing. Besides the marketing deal, I do believe companies like these make it easier for a hunter to make sure they plan and buy all the necessary articles that would allow them a safe and comfortable hunt. Good for them though, wish I would of thought of it.

I bought the pants for the coolness (temperature cool not hip cool). We’re regularly hunting pigs in 100+F temps and the mesh is great for airflow.

My uncle on his 2015 archery elk hunt swears by heck’s. I thought no way your crazy but seeing some of the footage produced Im leaning the other way. The heck’s dude is a bad man with a bow.

Back