PEAX Equipment

HECS suits for archery, real or trash

Luke_with_a_lab

Have any of you tried the HECS suits, either outer or base layer? It seems like it could be snake oil but I guess you never know. For those of you that don't know what these are, they are said to block your bodies electromagnetic field thus getting you closer to animals.

They definitely work, I always use one when I’m hunting. Also not to hijack the thread but I have a couple of gently used dowsing rods for sale if you’re interested.

Voodoo...how the heck would we not of figured that secret technology a zillion years ago if it was real. I have had deer, elk, and turkeys pretty much sniff me before and had them run off like hell was coming with a blink of my eye at a zillion yards away. Give me a break with this crap.

They definitely work, I always use one when I’m hunting. Also not to hijack the thread but I have a couple of gently used dowsing rods for sale if you’re interested.
Hook....line....and wait for it.....sinker

I think most products out there are just to get your $$$, other than the obvious items such as good glass, good rifle, quality boots, and quality outerwear, IMO everything else is what company has the best marketing plan to get your dollars.

My stance in life is about the same, a person can spend all their hard earned money on material items and donate to every good cause on this earth and be left with nothing, that's why I choose to live within my means and just ignore all the marketing hype and not try to keep up with the Jones'es. I apologize to any Jones'es out there, no insult intended..... 😁

It's right in line with those 300 dollar yeti coolers. Like said above hook, line, and sinker.

I will put you in a HECS suit, let you take off running then will let my bloodhound try to find you. He will. You create and disperse "odor" in multiple ways. Breathing is a key way when are not moving. Do you tend to breath when hunting? If so, your clothing needs to capture and filter as you exhale.

Think about this. A wild turkey will never bust you by smelling your odor. A bloodhound always will. A deer or elk might and a lot depends on the circumstances.

Are all elk or deer going to react the same? Nope. Let's say I had a product I wanted to convince you can hide your odor from elk. All you need is my proprietary, lab-tested, hunt-proven double-rainbow stocking cap. You probably want to see "proof" rather than take my word for it because you are that kind of pain in the rear customer.

I now head to a ranch I have hunted in Jackson, WY, where the elk move back and forth from the Elk Refuge to adjoining ranches. These elk hit the hay stacks meant for the cattle. These elk encounter the smell of people frequently. Heck, some of these elk never even bother to migrate out of the valley so are around people week after week year around. These elk smell humans and cattle dogs and diesel trucks lots so that is going to help my "proof" video. I could then don my outfit and set up where I am comfortable and stay relatively motionless at a fence crossing near the hay stacks to film as the elk pass within a few feet of me. Boom, commercial "proof" my outfit makes me "disappear" to elk.

Similar video can be taken during ruts when the big bucks and bulls are careless at times.

Yes, breathing is the weak link in odor reduction systems, well, besides my double-rainbow hats.

what will they dream up next?

The market for gadgets designed to make up for time spent in the field scouting and woodsmanship is very real however, which is pretty sad

Back