Yeti GOBOX Collection

He shoots, he scores!! My Idaho bull....

wilecoyote76

IMG_1524.jpg

I drew a decent early season bull tag here in Idaho and was hoping I could put the dang thing to good use come fall time. I anxiously anticipated the sesaon opener but knew it wasn't going to be a walk in the park.

I won't bore you and will get to the details. I saw one spike bull the first day and didn't see a friggin' thing until day #5 of the hunt. Yeah, I was frustrated beyond belief. Others in the area had seen and tagged out on elk but I guess I was always a day late and a dollar short, literally. I finally found where a good group of elk were and was only able to get within 100 yards of a 330-340 bull with about 30 cows and calves. I should have realized I was carrying a rifle instead of a dang bow! A clean, ethical shot never presented itself so I listened to the big bull bugle as he pushed his cows off to the north. I made a plan to go into the same area the next morning from a different direction and see if I couldn't get in on the big boy again on his way back up to the bedding area. My brother and I saw a satellite bull and heard him bugle to get a general direction of where he was going. I knew the bigger bull was somewhere in the area but I didn't want to get greedy. Besides, my "hooves" were sore after hunting hard on foot for 6 days non-stop without success so I decided at that point this bull was good enough for me. He's a 6 point with a busted off sword tine but I could care less! He must have gotten his arse kicked quite a bit. Half his tines either have chunks missing or broken off from fighting. He's got some sweet whale tails if I do say so myself!

All in all, I had a great time. Mother Nature wasn't so cooperative but there are worse things in life I guess! I'm glad I had my youngest brother there to help me back this beast out. My old man actually gimped and hobbled his way in to where we were to help pack out the gear. I guess "dads" are good for something every now and then!

Here's me with my 2006 Idaho bull. Not the greatest but I'm happy with it. I would have settled for less that's for sure.

IMG_1528.jpg

This one will make Moosie proud.....HuntTalk beanie to boot. Sorry, no flip-flop pics.

This is a picture with me and my youngest brother. I owe him big time!

IMG_1532.jpg

Misc. pic of my brother and my bull....

IMG_1512.jpg

I was thinking of T Bone's adventure with RMSF when I snapped this picture. We found a few of thes bastages who had latched on for a free ride! I don't think this tick could have gotten any bigger.

IMG_1533.jpg

I... I..... I.... AM PROUD Young Padawan :D :D

Kudos on the Bull...... But no Flip Flops ? Gesshhhhh ;)

Nice looking bull, congrats. He was either a scrapper or there was someone bigger around who liked to pick on him.

nice! congrats on the elk....i believe that tick might make the book.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back