Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

HB 505 - Elk Need Your Help

The outfitter voices of Hunttalk have been conspicuously silent on this thread.... 🤔🤔🤔🤔
Just watching and learning sir. Always a good idea to see what people are thinking on either side of the fence..... Some of the comments are very well thought out, some not so much, some are very disturbing!😳

Unlike the stack-the-commission bill, the really scary thing about this bill is if it gets passed it will be very difficult to undo down the road. All those outfitters and landowner/outfitters will commit capital investment loans that would be defaulted on, have people on the payroll that would be out of work, yadda yadda yadda. Then it becomes an emotional issue for legislative fence sitters to undo.

And for those who have expressed some hope the governor might step up and do the right thing out of fear of a voter backlash, apparently you don't know much about that guy. He could give a shit less about public opinion. Look at his track record. He has wrapped himself in the purple flag and that makes him walk on water in the land of mindless election fraud fanatics. And don't think he doesn't know it! Giantfarte has been given an unconditional license to do whatever he and his cronies want. Scary times ahead. We can only hope he will soon do something really stupid ... again ... a couple of times.

Last edited:
So, is 505 being saved for the end of the hearing? The agenda says it’s first but I pulled it up just a few minutes after 3:00 PM. No way it was over by then.

So, is 505 being saved for the end of the hearing? The agenda says it’s first but I pulled it up just a few minutes after 3:00 PM. No way it was over by then.
Yea that’s what they said during the call to order

Just watching and learning sir. Always a good idea to see what people are thinking on either side of the fence..... Some of the comments are very well thought out, some not so much, some are very disturbing!😳
Yeah, all that talk about tapioca flavoured nuts was pretty shocking.

What did you find "disturbing?" I didn't see anyone throwing out the vigilante password. I suspect you found my suggestion that hunters boycott Montana beef was disturbing. Beef prices have been in the toilet. Maybe the threat of a boycott, even some serious talk about it when ranchers are on the ropes, would get everyone's attention real fast. And getting everyone's attention is what is needed to quash this greedy grab at Montana's public resources. I suspect there are a helluva lot of ranchers who have no idea what's happening in Helena right now (it's calving season) and wouldn't approve if they did know.

Last edited:
And thery you go... begging for the permits to go with the tags in limited areas. WTF? No way that makes sense, but I doubt half the people in that room even understand or care what that would do.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back