MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

HB 505 - Elk Need Your Help

Thanks to everyone who testified!

To me it seems like they deliberately brushed over the fact that the landowner can acquire a sponsor fee that is skirting the FWP and tag price....it didn't seem like that was clear. But it's that transaction that is off the FWP books and would represent the largest transaction in this whole deal. They just took advantage of semantics.

Did anyone else about fall out of their chair when FWP Director Worsech stated when asked how he justified this bill in the face of TNAMOC. "The North American Model of Wildlife Conservation is just that, a model". And then went on to talk about Texas and Utah being examples of working with the model!?

Wow. Compared to the outfitter tags testimony- this one was a full on beat down. If this bill moves there is no hope. Thanks to all of you who travelled to testify. That cocky upom guy didn’t do himself any favors, and the shining question at the end to Woresh where he had to say “No” are telling.

Director Worsech walked around prior to our testimony and inquired as to why we were opposed to HB 505. I’ll give him credit for the verbal beating he took, and he stood his ground and is a true believer.

As it pertains to the five bonus points, when I expressed my concerns about the disproportional advantage those who are well-connected to landowners would enjoy, he replied to me, “ Get connected then.”

About sums it up.

Did anyone else about fall out of their chair when FWP Director Worsech stated when asked how he justified this bill in the face of TNAMOC. "The North American Model of Wildlife Conservation is just that, a model". And then went on to talk about Texas and Utah being examples of working with the model!?
Director Worsech walked around prior to our testimony and inquired as to why we were opposed to HB 505. I’ll give him credit for the verbal beating he took, and he stood his ground and is a true believer.

As it pertains to the five bonus points, when I expressed my concerns about the disproportional advantage those who are well-connected to landowners would enjoy, he replied to me, “ Get connected then.”

About sums it up.
Wow...so much for the public trust.

About sums it up.

Seems like a good story for a small town newspaper, if only we knew a writer with a regular column.

Good work guys. Take a well earned break and let's keep after it tomorrow.

Our adversaries do not rest. We should not either.

Can you expand on this?
Worsech described the process that FWP would normally go through to bring legislation to the committee. He openly stated that this was Galt's bill and that Galt approached FWP to help with it. To that extent, the normal FWP protocols, including engagement with the sportsmen and women was not done....pretty much all of those groups were represented there in opposition to the bill.

About sums it up.
I would think someone in that position would choose his words more carefully....or at least recognize his audience.

Well done by the way, thanks for stepping up.

Worsech described the process that FWP would normally go through to bring legislation to the committee. He openly stated that this was Galt's bill and that Galt approached FWP to help with it. To that extent, the normal FWP protocols, including engagement with the sportsmen and women was not done....pretty much all of those groups were represented there in opposition to the bill.
To Worsech's credit, that same question was posed to Kujala by Representative Runningwolf (I think)....but Kujala danced around it by stating we based on several years of conversations with various stakes holders. Worsech just plainly answered no which was a fair better answer.

Real serious convo between Galt and Hank in front of the camera after the hearing ended and before the camera faded. I have a real cool screen shot of it. :)

Is it possible to start a petition to recall Worsech over misuse of public resources? Or is he immune since he's not an elected official? An ounce of accountability would sure be nice.

About sums it up.
Yep he’s basically saying “tough shit”

Back