Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Hats off to the guys that shoot big bulls

Congrats! I think that's a beautiful bull! I'd be pleased as heck to get one like that. I'll do a little dance when I shoot a cow, too. In my opinion, when it comes to elk, the meat makes you awfully lucky, no matter what's growing out of the head.
This was so me this year! Shot my first elk which was a cow and it may have well been a giant bull. Just to finally have success on an archery elk the meat is so damn good also

I didn't mean to knock this bull we are super happy with it. Just didn't realize after everything I've watched and seen just how big a 213 bull or 250 bull really was. A 200" bull is wayyy bigger than I was thinking
I hear ya, this was my first bull which was taken this year in Wyoming. As soon as I spotted him I knew he was the one. He ended up scoring 230. Could have been 330 for all I knew, and he might as well be. I'd probably have been just as excited to shoot a spike or a cow lol
Congrats to you!

Attachments

• 20201117_183932.jpg
    20201117_183932.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1554.JPG
    IMG_1554.JPG
    371.2 KB · Views: 27
I've been fortunate enough to take a handful of elk over the years and my wife has taken some as well. Most bulls ranging from 250 to 300 and a couple better ones that a guys been lucky to have. However, I've noticed that all of mine are either in garage or crawl space and hers seem to make the main walls in the house...... something is wrong with this picture.

Congratulations!
There is nothing like your first success. Now to chase the dragon for the rest of your life.

Last edited:
How many angry PMs have you received about that 213 score? I mean clearly that bull is 212 1/8 and your a no good liar :rolleyes:

The trolls of the forum love nothing better than harassing women members for being... well...women who are members of a hunting forum, and giving everyone a hard time about measuring their animals.

Seriously, bigfin could accidentally shoot his llama and get less grief than if he was 10inches off ball parking a pronghorn.

I have PMs from several members about scores on Pronghorn, Mule Deer, Bears, Elk... but it's totally fine to say your mule deer weighed 300lbs. Pretty sure saying you put 200lbs on a llamas is way more problematic than saying a bull scored 280 when it scored 275. Also lets be honest the BC scoring is some stupid redneck "mathin" the fact that world record animals are scored by multiple people demonstrates that the process is subjective not objective.

I'm going to say it, reaction score be damned, if you PM someone NO MATTER HOW YOU PHRASE IT, about the score they post for their animal you are an A-hole.
Yell crack me up!

@jharcourt8 that is an awesome first bull that's going to be a cool mount, what are you thinking?
This one is 242-ish gross, if the passenger side mirrored the drivers side it would have been right at 250. 6x6
View attachment 162427

This bull is 280-ish we just measured one side, then took a WAG at how much smaller the other was..

View attachment 162428

The bull on the left is a 5x4 and narrower than the one your wife shot... maybe scores 190, the bull on the left had it's tines rebuilt, as rebuilt lets call it 290, it's a 5x5, if it had a G5 on each side it would likely have been 300-310, though hard to say if the rebuilt tines were longer or shorter than the originals.

View attachment 162429

Honestly bulls larger than ~200 don't fit well in normal houses. My favorite mount and the only one in my house currently is a idk 170 bull I killed. Your wife's bull hopefully tastes awesome and honestly is the perfect size for the living room of any home.

View attachment 162430
That bull in the creek looks like a cold gut and gilling job. I would be happy with either bull. Public land elk hunting is hard enough any elk is a trophy.

Dude! Two elk in a season? That's living the high life. And one is even a bull! Congrats to you both.

Regarding score, I'd love to shoot a 350" bull someday. I think I saw one this year while out hunting, on public no less, and not spooked. But guess what... I still shot the first raghorn that got in the way of my death march towards that bull. Elk meat is elk meat.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back