Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Hasta la vista!

MarvB

Heading out the door to the cabin in the hills! You boys play nice, have a good holiday, and I'll catch up with this pool of knowledge on Tuesday!

Cabin was wonderful....cool temps & no phones + lots of lazying around.

2nd morning #1 daughter decides she wants trout for lunch, grabs a rod from the rack, a handful of tackle, and heads down to one of the little creeks in the area....dad's thinking o.k....watch out for snakes and have fun getting your line out of the brush ;)

Comes back with two trout (10-12"), all the gear she left with, and a pretty decent self-timed picture to boot.

100_1743-1.jpg

Did I mention that I think I'll keep her! hump

Tom- She ate one and the "rest of us" shared the other one along with some elk strap I had bbq'd. She cooked em as well on the bbq...foiled wrapped in butter, white wine, and lemon slices with a touch of white pepper!

I should have taken a pic of the plated trout- looked DAMN good!
Nothing like surf and turf when you're up in the hills!

Marv....Bite Me! That is just too much fun to be keeping it all to your self! Enjoy it and Best Wishes for more of those Memories!!!! John

Not hijacking your thread buddy, but here is my oldest daughter on our annual 3-day getaway for Memorial Day. Prior to leaving one of her teachers gave her homework for the weekend, catch a twelve inch trout. This onetaped at 13 1/2. Can't really tell from the picture but it had spectacular color. She caught it in that shady spot behind and to the left (you can barely make out the corner of it on the edge of the picture). I pretty sure I was more excited than her. AHHH the little things in life.

Attachments

• 528329149108_0_BG.jpg
    528329149108_0_BG.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 55
Thanks guys and congrats to the lil' miss there h-dog! That's my kind of teacher- the world needs more of em! What waters was she applying her wares to?

Back