MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Hard Questions for Mr. Newberg About Fouled Moose Kill, Season 8, Episode 1

Well considering no one knew who he was or missed him when he was gone... I guess I don’t know.
I think he just wants clicks on his website where he sells merchandise while purportedly he despises anything that commercializes hunting.
Thanks. I remember him now from a month or so ago.

He's a nonprofit? Who funds him sniffing Randy's underwear? Doesn't matter. He's gone.

Mr. Newberg -

We were disappointed with your 470+ yard, unethical shot at a Bull Moose in BC in Season 8, Episode 1 of Fresh Tracks - and have some hard questions for you:

When you shot the moose at the end of this episode, you admit that the shooting conditions were "bad" and that they bull was "way, way out there" at 470+ yards. Yet you took, by our count, 5 shots, including one that hit the animal's antlers. Clearly, this moose was outside of your ethical shooting range and this "messy" kill was hard to watch.

So why did you take the shot?

Based on your comments after the kill, it's clear that you had some remorse.

In hindsight, do you regret taking the shot and if you had to do it again, would you shoot?

Did the pressure to create content for your TV show cause you to take an unethical shot?

Anti-hunters can now take your actions from this episode and use it against hunting. Anti-hunters can easily make the argument that if a celebrity, experienced, professional hunter like Randy Newberg will readily take an unethical shot, what does that say about the average Joe hunter with less experience?

Given what happened, why did you not cut this this unethical shot and messy kill from episode 1 footage?

Certainly your team could have edited the video to leave the moose kill out and not hand anti-hunting footage to the anti-hunting movement.

Respectfully,
- Rob Shaul
Rob,

I appreciate your emotions, but your actions are divisive. You believe that’s it’s better to tell an untrue story? Lie? As a hunting community do you want to divide us, or draw together. Have you ever wounded, and/or lost game?

Sadly, I have done made a few poor shots in my day. I’ve never lost game, but I’ve been with someone. It was a solid rest well within the hunters range. Something happened and he gut shot the buck. We spent half the night and next day searching for him to no avail. We both were torn up. What happened? We learned. We’re honest and we share with others.

I actually applaud Randy. Our world is littered with arrogant narcissists that can’t own their mistakes and share it with the world for others to learn about. Randy’s honest story shows wisdom. Our country honors youth and fame. We need to honor the wise and humble. I choose to stand by Randy and his efforts to share honest stories.

Thanks, Nick

P.S. One last thought... Where’s the line? What is the distance or time limit before it’s a “messy” kill?

Just perused his groups website and they certainly have some interesting stances. Feel free to drop Rob a line and let him know your thoughts, respectfully of course!
Thank you for posting this. I’ve read this thread and had no idea who the op was/is. Your link answered that for me. Him and his website seem to very jealous of others who’ve had success in the outdoor/hunting industry. I read a “top 25” list of “offenders.” You really can’t make that stupidity up. I’ll bet they love OOS hunters don’t they?

Thank you for posting this. I’ve read this thread and had no idea who the op was/is. Your link answered that for me. Him and his website seem to very jealous of others who’ve had success in the outdoor/hunting industry. I read a “top 25” list of “offenders.” You really can’t make that stupidity up. I’ll bet they love OOS hunters don’t they?
Like a fat kid loves cake. Make sure to think of him the next time you punch a tag on a buck or bull.

Off the Mountain Pursuit website..... "Rob Shaul, a 5th Generation Wyoming resident and self-taught hunter and fisherman"
Brings a few "oh, now I get it" thoughts to my mind. Too bad he didn't have a mentor to teach him a few other things plus hunting and fishing.

Last edited:
Mr. Newberg -

We were disappointed with your 470+ yard, unethical shot at a Bull Moose in BC in Season 8, Episode 1 of Fresh Tracks - and have some hard questions for you:

When you shot the moose at the end of this episode, you admit that the shooting conditions were "bad" and that they bull was "way, way out there" at 470+ yards. Yet you took, by our count, 5 shots, including one that hit the animal's antlers. Clearly, this moose was outside of your ethical shooting range and this "messy" kill was hard to watch.

So why did you take the shot?

Based on your comments after the kill, it's clear that you had some remorse.

In hindsight, do you regret taking the shot and if you had to do it again, would you shoot?

Did the pressure to create content for your TV show cause you to take an unethical shot?

Anti-hunters can now take your actions from this episode and use it against hunting. Anti-hunters can easily make the argument that if a celebrity, experienced, professional hunter like Randy Newberg will readily take an unethical shot, what does that say about the average Joe hunter with less experience?

Given what happened, why did you not cut this this unethical shot and messy kill from episode 1 footage?

Certainly your team could have edited the video to leave the moose kill out and not hand anti-hunting footage to the anti-hunting movement.

Respectfully,
- Rob Shaul
I think i really have to check out on this series.

The Beartooths started burning yesterday and I don’t think they’ll stop anytime soon.
Wheres it at? I know theres a little one up north of clark(robertson draw) right along stateline. Was up in cooke couple days ago and was surprised at basically no snow around.

Holy chit batman! Randy, have to say, you placed wayyy too much time responding to that... well, hell war and peace discussions under the bridge.

Thanks for your time vested in our valued hunting ethos... DIY Public Land. That sort of troll(s) needs to fade into the netherworld!

mtnprst- I assume your not a hunter. Because you would know your posts makes you sound like a complete dipshit. If your not a hunter your just an ignorant asshole. Go away

respectfully of course.

Rob you good? I’m respectfully asking to see if you are ok after that fact-based total beatdown.

In all seriousness, how do you not have anything more productive to do than try and smear good people’s reputation? That’s a tough life to live man, I hope you find happiness someday doing something worthwhile

Attachments

• BCDA4923-6D72-4644-955A-D24D09FB08AF.jpeg
    BCDA4923-6D72-4644-955A-D24D09FB08AF.jpeg
    456.9 KB · Views: 7
Off the Mountain Pursuit website..... "Rob Shaul, a 5th Generation Wyoming resident and self-taught hunter and fisherman"
Brings a few "oh, now I get it" thoughts to my mind. Too bad he didn't have a mentor to teach him a few other things plus hunting and fishing.
Or manners.

A couple thoughts I had.

1. Hunting just isn't a perfect thing and killing animals doesn't always go as planned. Even though I try, successfully most of the time, shit still happens. Anyone that hunts for very long, will have something go wrong for a wide variety of reasons. Sometimes, you get lucky and things work out, sometimes you don't. I can think of a half dozen times that things worked in my favor when they could have went wayyyy worse. Sometimes, its not even your fault, just odd stuff happening.

I remember one time I watched my wife shoot a pronghorn buck at about 120 yards, perfectly broadside. I watched the bullet impact about 1 inch behind the shoulder and 1/3rd of the way up the body. Pronghorn took off and I could see the blood behind the shoulder....and it kept going, and going, and going...and then I noticed blood running down the opposite side rear leg...wtf?

What happened was the bullet hit a rib on the on-side...turned not quite 90 degrees, ran down the side of the body and exited the off-side hind leg. Probably will never see that again, ever. I'm sure if that was on video, someone could make the claim it was the hunters fault somehow. Luckily we were able to watch the buck bed and got another bullet in it.

2. Being falsely accused of stuff sucks...and its easy for those in the cheap seats to do it with no accountability.

3. There's more than enough questionable stuff that gets put on youtube, broadcast on TV, etc. to go around in regard to hunting ethics. I see few, if any, people that try harder to do things above board than Randy. That includes telling the story as it happens, the good, the bad, and when things don't go quite right. I appreciate that, as I've not always made the best decisions out there. If Rob's issue is with people shooting too far and other unethical behavior...pick any one of a dozen celebrity hunters that do it as part of their normal programming. Of all the people to complain about...Randy isn't it, period.

4. I think there's a lot of childish behavior that goes on due to nothing more than jealousy. People hacking draw results, filing information requests to find out where people hunt, falsely accusing people of illegal outfitting, scouring photo's to find out where they were taken, gaming point systems with total strangers, etc. etc. etc. Its just bizarre to me, crazy actually that people stoop to that level just to potentially kill an animal.

I don't get it...

I know what I saw here today.

I have endured lots of posts from provocateurs here, hoping they might someday contribute something of value. Until this thread, it has been a good practice. Just now is the 1st time I ever put an HTer on ignore.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giddyup64
Back