Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Hammer HHT Bullets

Every time Steve introduces a new bullet thousands of new ballistic dials get their wings.
Yep. Obviously there are those that are/were dissatisfied. It happens. I've said it before, but if I told Steve his bullets were junk, we would still be friends. mtmuley

Just pointing out that a video posted because of a new wiz bang bullet had the same effect a round ball.

Good ram but no need to point out a specific bullet when you shoot them in the spine.
You should make a list of all the things you disagree with so nobody discusses it if you're logged in.

Speed kills
Near as I can tell, they need to be lighter to not seat to deep and still fit in magazines. Then to being driven faster they will penetrate deeper because of that speed and unlike cup and core bullet's retain more weight. Two thing's penetrate, speed and weight. The mono's are lighter thus quite a bit faster and just as important I think, Hammer claims they maintain 80% of their weight. Seem's other mono's are claimed to retain up to 100% depending on if they loose any petals. I noticed looking on Hammer's site the BC's are estimated, who know's maybe everyone estimate's BC. Thing that stopped me dead on Hammer's site was the cost of the bullet's. Looked up 100 130gr 6.5 bullet's and about $150 for 100! Seem's all the mono bullet's are very expenssive to me but then I suspect that is due to manufacturering cost's. probably can't just run a copper or guilding metal strip into a dorm die and get a bullet. I think that guy's that do use mono bullet's do so because there is a high rate of great proformance with them and I also suspect the guy's that use them can actually afford them. But keep in mind that an animal only woulded with any mono bullet is just like an animal wounded with a cup and core. Wounded pretty much describes it but I suspect the damage with the mono won't be as ugly!
Yep. Obviously there are those that are/were dissatisfied. It happens. I've said it before, but if I told Steve his bullets were junk, we would still be friends. mtmuley
And there are thousands of us cup and core shooter's that have problems with cup and core's also. Generally the biggest problem with either I'd about bet is poor bullet placement! And with cup and core, poor bullet selection as in to light a bullet at to much velocity being to fragile!

Nice ram but it looks like a spine shot. Not sure what that has to do with the performance of the bullet.
Spine shots normally cripple a critter, but don't kill it; at least not bang flop dead. Did this ram die readily? I suppose particulars from the shooter would tell the story.

Back