PEAX Equipment

Haaland nominated to lead Interior

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would expect that natives will be given a firm (preferencial?) voice in any/all land dealings. Potentially huge implications in Alaska and elsewhere in the west for hunting. I would expect oil/gas and mineral extraction to get a lot more expensive and reduced on public lands.

I would expect predator hunting on public lands to be reduced and potentially eliminate in some areas. Likely all refuges and preserves where they are open for hunting. ~1/4 of Alaska...

I'm not sure it really matters who is at the helm, there will be a lot of changes coming down the pipe.

Agree I wouldn't want to be holding paper in a Norther Delaware operator right now.

"Then there’s Haaland’s heritage—a 35th generation New Mexican—which may give her the edge over her fellow New Mexicans."

AHHHHHHHAAAHAHAHA... hey ranchers suck it...
Thank God she’s not from UT!

The last 2 didn't have any qualifications and both had legal issues associated with the position so it can't get much worse.
Thanks for not answering my question. I was looking for actual information, not a dumbass response. I don’t know the lady and have no opinion. It would just be nice to know if she is actually going to be capable of the role or a political pawn like the last two...

Thanks for not answering my question. I was looking for actual information, not a dumbass response. I don’t know the lady and have no opinion. It would just be nice to know if she is actually going to be capable of the role or a political pawn like the last two...
Looks like she has a JD in Indian law and spent her brief term in Congress on committees with relevance to the dept of interior. I wouldn’t say she has a great depth of experience, but all of her educational and political experience is relevant.

I'm not a fan though I'd imagine we could do worse... A couple comments of hers that has me cringe a bit though, to be expected under the 2021 - Blue Executive Branch.

Second Amendment:
We need to rid our communities of military-grade weapons; neither hunting nor policing require automatic weapons.

Fuel / Energy:
I pledge to vote against all new fossil fuel infrastructure, and to fight instead for 100% renewable energy

Talked to a friend fairly in the know in NM politics.

He says there are people in the hunting/conservation world that have a direct line to her so that’s a positive.
She’s a relatively inexperienced unknown, which can be good or bad in politics. On the positive, she’s not a deeply ingrained, corrupted for 40 year, piece of political scum like a lot of 60 year olds in politics are.
Hopefully she is smart enough to realize that on the things that matter to us, which she probably doesn’t know a lot about, that she can call Senator Heinrich.

Fuel / Energy:

The more I work on solar projects, the more I despise them. So far I’ve only done them on state and private land. Covering every inch of thousands of acres of ground with PV panels and putting a fence around it doesn’t co-habitate with other uses, users or wildlife very well. A solar field is only a solar field. period.

It’s the dirtiest feeling thing I’ve ever done

This is coming from someone that has done a lot of work to frack the f out of a lot of federal land.

The more I work on solar projects, the more I despise them. So far I’ve only done them on state and private land. Covering every inch of thousands of acres of ground with PV panels and putting a fence around it doesn’t co-habitate with other uses, users or wildlife very well. A solar field is only a solar field. period.

This is coming from someone that has done a lot of work to frack the f out of a lot of federal land.
Any industrial sized development does this. Its why rooftop solar & decentralization of the grid make sense.

Sounds real similar to orchards around here. People seem to support them over homes, but I know the deer eat my roses but the orchards are fenced and sprayed to exclude any life that isn't directly necessary for a cherry/apple/pear.

Eh, whatever. How much damage could she do in 4 years anyway? There will be some congressional oversight for anything crazy.

I do think it's important to advance the argument for hunting as part of tradition/religion regardless of the food element. We'll have cultured meat soon enough to ruin the "kill your own food" rationale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back