Guitar in camp

Good luck on your journey, @Addicting. Making music is a lot of fun. Just wait until you get really into it and buy an electric and start messing around with different pedals. It’s addicting, pun very much intended.

I will say though, when I read the title of the thread I was transported back to some camping trips in my early twenties, when a buddy of mine would bestow upon us his acoustic wonders around the campfire. Always made me think of this scene:

I was on a camping trip once where someone was playing a melodica (think air powered keyboard toy, see below) for hours each evening in camp. Might be the only thing more annoying than a camp guitar. Radio and nature sounds for me.

View attachment 177560
One of two musical instruments that will make my dog howl (not kidding).

I will say though, when I read the title of the thread I was transported back to some camping trips in my early twenties, when a buddy of mine would bestow upon us his acoustic wonders around the campfire. Always made me think of this scene:
Man, that makes me feel better. I have been around a couple fires with good conversation and then someone pulls out a guitar. Did I miss something, did someone ask for this? I assumed I was the only one that had these ahole thoughts. Thanks brother.:D

Unless you are wearing a leather top hat and have amazing riffs, not entertainment for me. :D

Ive played guitar decades, ever since middle school jazz band. One of the best things I think you could do is learn how to play a major and minor scale. You dont need to memorize the note names you are playing, just learn where to put your fingers. If you learn that pattern you can just slide your starting point up or down the fret board and be playing a different scale.

Man, that makes me feel better. I have been around a couple fires with good conversation and then someone pulls out a guitar. Did I miss something, did someone ask for this? I assumed I was the only one that had these ahole thoughts. Thanks brother.:D

Unless you are wearing a leather top hat and have amazing riffs, not entertainment for me. :D
What if you're balding, wearing glasses and have a heavy English accent?

I didn’t realize there was so much angst against guitars around a camp.
Right? One of the best evenings I ever had was in elk camp. A guy there that could really play and sing ( I’m taking this guy was Michael Martin Murphey cowboy poet level ) broke out a guitar and started singing and I just laid on my cot in the wall tent and minded my own business. It sounded amazing from where I was at and he knew I was a musician as well and I was afraid he’d ask me to play so I kept my distance and just listened. I didn’t wanna mess up what he was doing.

Good luck on your journey, @Addicting. Making music is a lot of fun. Just wait until you get really into it and buy an electric and start messing around with different pedals. It’s addicting, pun very much intended.

That guy on the stairs is this guy:

I love taking my guitar on hunting trips but its the damb Marshal stack that kills me packing in
like others have said many good vids on you tube marty swarts has many, play X number of times a week every week and you will get better
if you play every day for 2 weeks then none for 3 then every day for 1 its takes longer practice on a regular basis what ever that is for your schedule

I’ll agree with a few others, make sure those your camping with want to hear the guitar around the fire. More than once I wanted to toss someone’s acoustic into the fire after hearing the same folk/bluegrass/country song for the 100th time

LOL - that scene is the first thing I thought of when I saw the thread title.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back