Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Good Morning From Montana

Big Sky

I just couldn't resist taking a photograph of the sunrise. Since a lot of us hunters witness many sunrises, I thought perhaps some of you would enjoy this. Anyway good morning from my little part of paradise in Montana. For those that would like to know those are the Bears Paw Mountains on the horizon.
Sunrise%20Fort%20Benton_zpsahmjyzgn.jpg

Last edited:
Absolutely Beautiful.

Reminds me of Norman Maclean's line:

“At sunrise everything is luminous but not clear.”

Both figuratively and literally.

Fantastic! I am amazed at the number of Montana sunrises and sunsets that have made me just sit and stare. I have never lived in a place that has done so much for my soul by simply allowing me to view the scenery.

Words by Ian Tyson
Song: The Gift (Charlie Russell)

When the Lord called Charlie to His home up yonder
He said Kid Russell I got a job for you
You're in charge of sunsets in old Montana
Cause I can't paint them quite as good as you
And when you're done---we'll go out and have a few
And Nancy Russell will make sure it's just two

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RSHQWHH2m8

It's definitely a Gift!
Shannon, aka "What Map", might have a closer connection to this than anyone else I know.
So we regularly have great sunsets here, even now that's it "daylight savings time"...
Sunset might not be the end, and if you've been "struck" by lightning, greeted by ancestors, and came back...
You make the best use of your time, right?

There's something about the endless horizons in Montana because you just know at the end of it there will be some mountains.
Great shot!

Thank you. Even though I am just a state away in Idaho working , love to see Montana. mtmuley

Great pic Kneetopia.

Because there is a mountain range in the way, I miss out on the "Big Sky" part of Montana sunrises. That said, they can still be pretty cool.

Here's an Elkhorns sunrise from a few days ago that the photographer(me) nor my IPhone could ever do justice.

Attachments

• Elkhorns_Sunrise.jpg
    Elkhorns_Sunrise.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 628

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back