Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Good Goose Shoot

Nemont

This is kind of a bad deal: On Saturday mtmiller and Axl came over to hunt some ducks. We hooked up and headed out to a place where we had been doing really good on ducks. After staring at empty skies for about 7 hours:mad: we call it a day. Total take 2 drakes and 1 goose.:rolleyes: Axl is pretty unimpressed with the hunting I have been braggin up. mtmiller decides to head back to his own hunting grounds and who could blame him.

At about 8:30 pm one of my clients calls me and asks if I would want to hunt geese on a lentil field of his that has "about 3,000 birds hitting". He wants me to bring a couple of other guys as well. I have beg my regular hunting buddy, KJ, into a field hunt as he usually hates doing it. Can't find anyone else or get ahold of mtmiller, as he opts to be free from a cell phone contract:eek: . Finally KJ convinces his girlfriend to come along as the fourth gun.

We got set up right before daylight and the geese started pouring in. We had a totally screwed up set up with our only option to hide in meant the wind was in our face and we were looking straight into the BRIGHT sun.

PC091074.jpg

The birds worked in anyway and we got our limit of 16.

PC091072.jpg

Craig I apologize for not getting into the ducks. I really planned on passing on a Sunday a hunt as well.

Nemont

Man, you are killing me.:D I went to my hunting grounds and it sucked, so I kept the truck heading west.:BLEEP: A few Crown/cloudies helped me with my pain, and led to me accomplishing nothing today.|oo

Glad you got into the birds, I may have to take off a couple days this week and scout out some new areas. Thanks for taking me to the field yesterday and not mentioning my shooting performance.:D

Craig,

I really wanted the ducks to show up on Saturday. Stay in touch as I am going to take off a few days sometime before now and the holidays. Maybe we can finally find some birds together.

Nemont

Sounds good to me. I have 55 hours use/lose leave that needs to be used by 1/5 and I don't want to succomb to chasing fish on the hard water yet.:D

Nice work Nemo. The birds cleared off the river after last weekend out here. Hard to find alot of mallards but if a guy wants to shoot goldeye he could shoot until his shoulder was purple. I've been trying to get myself a lion the last week and that's put a dent in the waterfowling time (note: not chasing "cougar" as greenhorn has).

We have the Ingroungd blind in and hopefully we'll have some pictures like that soon.... real soon !!

Kudos on Screwing MtMiller and limiting out ;)

Very nice!

Not too many geese in AZ but I did manage to get my first a couple of weeks ago...
Rhodes013.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back