God or No God??

Why does the theory of there being a God ruin the big bang theory?? The way I heard it, one day He makes up his mind, claps His hands together and "BANG!" There's everything.. That would be a pretty big bang.. wouldn't it?

I do have a question though.. For those of you who believe in the Bible as an absolute doctrine.. what does it mean when Adam and Eve were sent forth to "replenish" the earth? Who had plenished it before??

:cool:

I do have a question though.. For those of you who believe in the Bible as an absolute doctrine.. what does it mean when Adam and Eve were sent forth to "replenish" the earth? Who had plenished it before??
Perhaps the Neanderthals proved too difficult to "housebreak." :D Their table manners were atrocious, and they were probably quite flatulant from all the rough fiber in their diet. :eek: Not exactly the kind of guys a cultured gentleman like God would want to hang with.

By the way...I have a question which has never been answered...since Adam and Eve were the first homo sapiens, where did Cain's wife come from when he was booted out for slaying his brother???

(humor intended...but not irreverence)

Replenish? I don't recall that word being used.
Most Theologeons indicate that Cain married his sister. (Yes, he was a West Virginian!) By the way that is Theology not Theorology. If you have been paying attention you will have noticed that FeclNogin and Nemont have provided proof positive that
God does exist!
hump.gif

You are learning there troop. A never ending search for truth! :D Think of all the knowledge acquired along the way. :D Start with Prions! Then consider sexual reproduction.
hump.gif

God is unknowable, beyond human understanding. The unknowable must always exist. Otherwise, it would be known. That is the question and that is the answer. Death is life. Hunting is sacred for it gives us life.

I'm with Nut, if we piss someone off, then its especially important to reflect on the meaning of our life.

Nemont I'm sure that my parents weren't seriously considering reproduction; just screwing around!

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride!"
Great sig line Rogue

It's a simple fact that "Nothing comes from nothing". Therefore there was NO "Big Bang" as far as the theory goes. Something always has to come from something. Something had to pull the trigger for the bang, so I'm guessing God has a big gun!

nope! but heres another question. if moses and his family were the only ones to survive the great flood and reproduce does that mean we are all products of incest?? and if so, does that mean the bible condones incest? if adam and eve did replenish the world wouldn't that also be incest?

Les, whether we were all created by one God or were evolved, we are all still products of incest. No, the Bible does not condone incest. If Adam and Eve were fruitful and multiplied it was indeed incest since Eve sprang forth from Adam's own body.

If one is to really go back and look at history, it is the religion of nature that started first, with all of the spirits and the Creator being the Center (or what ever name you want to put on the host of Gods that were the top dogs for starting the whole thing). Then as time went by, man interjected a lot of his own thoughts (whether by Divine intervention, or by Politics of the time).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back