MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Goat pics.

BIGHORNtracks

I spend most of my time out photographing BigHorn Sheep, but on occasion I get out and do a little Goat digiscoping.

Thought some of you might enjoy a couple pics from Sunday morning.

IMG_0148_zpspt6vad2z.jpg

IMG_0201_zpsmwsrn3vj.jpg

This next goat had a funky horn configuration. It was kind of a rare sighting, so I got some pics and video of it.
This is a goat that I have not seen before.
I found it odd that the horn has no curl to it.
Initially I thought it to be broke and just hanging on in the forward position.
But after a closer look, you can see the horn has grown straight and there is a melted looking tip, with the funky forward facing bit. Kind of cool.

IMG_0056_1_zpsvpjb4cy6.jpg

IMG_0090_zpspwrsgp8a.jpg

Took almost 200 images and a bunch of video.
Those were a few of my favorites.

Shot tis video of a goat with a busted leg.
If you turn the quality setting to 1080p and view it a bit larger on the screen, I believe you can see the bone and the old blood stain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLYxoxlQUmo

Anyways, hope you enjoyed them.

Very nice, thanks for sharing! Looking at these photos reminds me of my fear of heights and why I probably haven't chased goats yet. Mt. goats make sheep look like flatlanders!

hard to watch that poor goat limp along knowing he wouldn't be grounded from now on, thanks for the pics

Awsome pics! Still hoping to hunt one of those here in Nevada before I die. Got 9 bonus points so far and at 52 the clock is ticking faster.

Incredible pictures man that is cool. i never would have thought i would have seen a non-typical goat, but that sure is neat. 2015 is the year for a tag im feeling it! thanks for sharing.

Watched the video of the goat with the broken leg. What a bad country to live in; I wonder how he survives. He actually looks very healthy.

Winter. if he lives that long, must be super tough.

Heart goes out to a tough animal!

Lope hunter.
Not sure what the elevation was.
It was higher than normal for this time of year. Due to a complete lack of winter.

I have gone out looking for goats several times this year and they have been super high.
I finally found some within reach.
I actually had them spotted the night before.
The next morning, I went in there after some photos.

As for the goat with the broken leg, I sent the video link to the DWR just for their information.
I did not expect that they wold do much.
The response was as expected.
Unless an animal is aggressive and a threat to humans, they let nature take its course.
The only exceptions are for raptors and bears.
Why bears? who knows.

Beautiful Pictures. I didn't notice which state these were in? Do you mind telling me?

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back