Yeti GOBOX Collection

"Go To" Alcohols

Tito’s vodka and regular soda water. No flavored water, no lemon or lime.

Imagine how many great ideas have been spawned over the last thousand years by men sitting around a campfire drinking and talking....

Effectively I'm a tea toddler. But when I'm not...a gin and tonic made with Bombay Sapphire tastes good on a summer afternoon.

Less often, a Caesar with lots of garnishes will find its way into my hand, not too fussy about the vodka used.

Tito’s vodka and regular soda water. No flavored water, no lemon or lime.

Imagine how many great ideas have been spawned over the last thousand years by men sitting around a campfire drinking and talking....

Oh YouTube is LOADED with them…

DB01C928-C0DA-4063-B225-1529169A84FA.gif

I have a buddy that makes his own “Artisanal Ice” for his Old Fashions, Manhattans, etc, so that it’s clear and doesn’t have bubbles in it. Are you in that deep??

View attachment 211029
Buddy bought a refrigerator strictly because it made clear ice...I bet it's a $3k Fridge. I'm happy with plain ice

Somehow forgot to add bloody Mary, doesn't really matter the vodka. It's usually absolut though. I love a good bloody.

I have a buddy that makes his own “Artisanal Ice” for his Old Fashions, Manhattans, etc, so that it’s clear and doesn’t have bubbles in it. Are you in that deep??

View attachment 211029
yes !

I beg your pardon ;):)

If I want water to "open up" a scotch I add the desired amount at the start to ensure the same amount of dilution while drinking.
This would work for me as well, but the key word in the aforementioned sentence is "If" ;)

Beer: ABSOLUTELY NO IPAs! Ambers, Lagers, Scottish ale - summer heat: Coors Light or Corona with a lime
Wine: Cabs and Pinot Noir, also on vacation last year I learned I like pretty much any from Russian River Valley
Bourbon: Blantons when it's findable, Angels Envy
Scotch: Always have a Macallen 18 on hand for special events, Glenfiddich 15
Tequilla: only in margaritas, usually Hornitos
Vodka: Not really a vodka man, but have titos for mixing if the mood strikes

Negative on blended anything or Canadian anything. (except beers.) Pendleton only if its gratis. Never Canadian Club or Black Velvet, even if it is gratis.

Neat or nothing!

Boutique Bourbons or (American) Rye.
IMHO the ONLY good thing to ever come out of Utah are the High West Distillery Ryes.
Woody Creek Distillers in Basalt, CO make a good Rye.

Some of the boutique distilleries in the West are producing great product.
Bought a bottle of Wyoming Whiskey a couple of years ago on a trip to YNP. Steiner Distillery in Joseph, Oregon is off the hook. Anything from Dry Fly in Spokane is really good.

Scotch - Glenlivet for every day and Laphroaig for special occasions.

Irish - Jameson for everyday and Redbreast when I'm trying to impress.

Gin - Used to be Bombay, but now the only gin in the house is Dry Fly Distillery, Spokane, WA

Vodka - That's what girlies use to make pink drinks.

Tequila - I'm more of a Mezcal with a worm guy - just because. Again, I would not say no if you handed me a Quervo. Back when I lived in Cali and my dad still had his Cessna, we would run to Mulage in Baja. Our flights home were often postponed due to hangovers. Stupid Gringos pretending to be Papa Hemingway. The best way to eat gusano de maguey is fried and eaten like the peanuts at the bar. Or sprinkled on a citrus slice as sal de gusano and biting it before the shot.

Beer - lean towards darker and hoppier.

Wine - Dry

On my Christmas list- Deschutes Distillery, Montana Whiskey (that's coming home with me from BHA Rendevous with me. I have two year old COVID rain checks to lift a glass with Tony Bynum and Hal Herring. Calling that in this year. )

Last edited:
say more . . . .
I keep getting the feeling that the bartender is going reply like this if some one mentioned most of the stuff on this thread.

Bartender; " We serve Bud, Coors and Miller here, If you want some of that fancy imported stuff, maybe I can dust off some Guinness or Corona in the store room but you are likely out of luck"

I only drink beer, no hard stuff. And only Coors Lite ... because it tastes bad. I really like beer ... a lot. But alcohol doesn't agree with me. Jacks up my metabolism, messes up sleep pattern, and leads to depression. I stick to Coors Lite so I don't drink too much. "Hey barkeep, I'll have a bottle of that paint thinner." My annual consumption is less than a case. Never keep any booze in the house. If it's not here, I'm not going to drink it. If I'm not drinking it, I'm not getting fat.

Last edited:
Bourbon - Evan Williams Single Barrel
Rum - Appleton Estate 8y
Wine - pass
Gin - Hendricks
Vodka - pass, it's just flavorless gin
Beer - every day beers: Rainier, Bud Light, Pabst. Fancy beers: Shiner Bock, Blue Moon, Red Stripe

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KJ1225
Back