"Go To" Alcohols

Rarely imbibe since the past 2 weird years...
Everytime you post a picture of your home, I feel like I would only be comfortable visiting you if I had taken a shower immediately before my visit and was wearing a new dress and possibly a new pair of heels as well, but I also would feel the need to take off my shoes at the door, so the new shoes might not be necessary ;)

Your home and the furnishings in it are beautiful

Everytime you post a picture of your home, I feel like I would only be comfortable visiting you if I had taken a shower immediately before my visit and was wearing a new dress and possibly a new pair of heels as well, but I also would feel the need to take off my shoes at the door, so the new shoes might not be necessary ;)

Your home and the furnishings in it are beautiful
Thanks Panda but Sophie says, "On the contrary, come into my house and make yourself comfortable."

Beer is beer. Unless it's a funky hippie beer, then it's trash.

Wine is wine, unless it's white then it's a decoration.

As far as whiskey goes is glenfiddich and everything else.

Beer: Yuengling Premium and Lager
Vodka: Smithworks or Sobieski
Canadian Whisky: Canadian Hunter
Bourbon: Beam, Rebel, Bulleit
Scotch: Glenfiddich 12, Cutty Sark

it's not an "alcohol"

but i forgot to mention that i love eggnog SO MUCH. and i'm not saying this in an elitist way, but it just has to be homemade. you can't achieve what eggnog is supposed to taste without the raw egg yolks, fresh cream, vanilla, and cinnamon. all that is truly lacking in the carton from a store, plus all the weird artificial chit they add.

i learned this year that making it in october or early november and aging it a jar until a week or so before christmas is even better.

i'm soon to be experimenting with stevia based eggnog as i'm in actuality an anti sugar guy - i generally try to be very serious about maintaining a zero sugar lifestyle.

plus, when you feel sick from your usual three eggnogs a night from the sugar around the holidays, you must do everything you can to allow yourself to drink more.

if my mom can make zero sugar stevia ice cream that's to die for, i know i can make zero sugar stevia eggnog that's to die for.

no reason to be too picky about the alcohols involved, but i use bulleit, hennessy and kraken rum, equal parts.

IMG-8667.jpgIMG-8709.JPEG

Beer: Miller Lite
Bourbon: Wheated bourbons - Weller, Rebel Yell, Maker's - on the rocks
Favorite spirit is Moonshine - out of the mason jar
Vodka: Grey Goose or Ketel One - up, shaken on ice, with bleu cheese stuffed olives

My uncle is obsessed with getting "the best" whiskey according to whatever fancy whiskey magazine he gets. My dad and I have saved a few old bottles and refilled them with $25-$45 whiskey and he's never realized it. It's become an ongoing inside joke between my dad and I.

Last edited by a moderator:
My uncle is obsessed with getting "the best" whiskey according to whatever magazine he gets. My dad and I have saved a few old bottles and refilled them with $25-$45 whiskey and he's never realized it. It's become an ongoing inside joke between my dad and I.
I was in a bar in Southern IL. One night WELL past half lit, ordered a ketel one and sprite. Kept telling my buddy (in a real slurred voice I'm sure) "man I don't know what she put in here but it taste kinda like orange it's delicious" after shaking what was one of my better hangovers. Pretty sure they were refilling the higher end bottles with the cheap stuff and didn't pay attention it was something like orange skol. Same place years before I ordered the bluegill sandwich. Bartender said just an FYI it's tilapia he just puts that on the menu.

My uncle is obsessed with getting "the best" whiskey according to whatever fancy whiskey magazine he gets. My dad and I have saved a few old bottles and refilled them with $25-$45 whiskey and he's never realized it. It's become an ongoing inside joke between my dad and I.
You can do the same thing to wine snobs. :LOL:

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back