"Go To" Alcohols

Beer: Kurs banquet or lite is my go to. Always have a 6er of longboat bobbers, Big piney black walnut, and fat tire if the mood strikes. The bobber and walnut are Missouri made.

Bourbon: Buffalo trace is daily driver and very delicious. On rocks or old fashioned, or Manhattan. No soda. Wellers or 4 roses if trace isn’t available.

Wine: can’t stand it. Only one I’ve even remotely liked was aged in a bourbon barrel.

Whiskey: I like bourbon.

Tequila: no thanks

Rum: generic captain, or Cruzan.

Vodka: Tito’s

Scotch: never been a fan but maybe my tastes have changed now that I’m 43, gonna have to give it a try.

Beer: Straffe Hendrik Quadrupel unless it's the middle of summer, generally grab Boulevard Wheat on those hot days but will drink about anything if it's cold (except IPAs).
Irish: Jameson Black or Redbreast
Scotch: Glenmorangie 10 normally, Macallan 18 when I'm feeling spendy.
Bourbon: Blanton's or Basil Hayden's
Vodka: Mostly in dirty (filthy) martinis with blue cheese olives/brine - Tito's, Ketel One if I feel like drinking it straight.
Wine: Don't delve into them to be honest.

Beer: Has to be dark, Porters and stouts. Mostly Black Butte Porter right now.
Hard stuff: Mostly Rum and coke. sometimes some Black Velvet for a cheap buzz
Wine: Has to be sweet not dry but not Boones Farm sweet. Do they still make that?
I will drink most anything if it's given to me free. Except that bottle of Peanut butter wine my nephew gave me for Christmas. Don't tell him but I poured it down the sink.
You'd like St. James Winery for the sweet wines.

I love this. I was at a party a few weeks back and the only drink they had were Belle's IPAs. They were not drinkable. It was so harsh and unnecessarily bitter and I had to drink water after sips to make sure my tongue hadn't dried up. I ain't no quitter so I ended up cutting it with lemonade and made a really odd shandy and managed to get a few down.

When I hear guys gushing about how great IPAs are it reminds me of college kids trying to pretend they are so enlightened that they "love" scotch.

Thousands of great options for adult beverages, but I find myself going back to a few old standards for often than not.

Beer: Any decent craft Porter or a trappist Belgian triple
Vodka: Stolichnaya for everyday, Stoli Elite neat with whisky stone as needed
Whisky: Balvenie Single Barrel Single Malt Scotch with whisky stones
Wine: A "whole cluster" Pinot Noir - hard to find, but when I do I will buy a box. Not at all like the generic Pinots that have flooded the market.
Port: Grahms 20yr Aged Tawny
Cognac: XO maison surrenne

Don't really drink bourbons, other non-scotch whiskies, rums, gins, white wine or tequila.

So, what are yours?
Beer: Bourbon stout from my local microbrew
Vodka: Quicksilver from Montgomery Distillery in Missoula or Tito's
Whiskey: Very Old St. Nick 12-year bourbon
Wine: Bread and Butter Pinot Noir
Port: Don't drink it
Cognac: Don't drink it
Shots: Rumplemintz

Thousands of great options for adult beverages, but I find myself going back to a few old standards for often than not.

Beer: Any decent craft Porter or a trappist Belgian triple
Vodka: Stolichnaya for everyday, Stoli Elite neat with whisky stone as needed
Whisky: Balvenie Single Barrel Single Malt Scotch with whisky stones
Wine: A "whole cluster" Pinot Noir - hard to find, but when I do I will buy a box. Not at all like the generic Pinots that have flooded the market.
Port: Grahms 20yr Aged Tawny
Cognac: XO maison surrenne

Don't really drink bourbons, other non-scotch whiskies, rums, gins, white wine or tequila.

So, what are yours?

Yukon Jack, neat

occasionally a B-52

and of course, it is a right of passage, to have a Sourtoe Cocktail, at least once, in this part of the world

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back