"Go To" Alcohols

It’s a toss up for me. Either Woodford Reserve or Old Forester with ginger ale and lime or captain Morgan with coke. It’s that or beer. And by beer I mean some sort of IPA usually.

I have a new favorite. Polish Bison grass vodka! It has a slight floral, nutty, licorice flavor. If you like vodka, I highly recommend. Straight, with a little vermouth or like a real Pole- with apple juice on ice!8485C22F-B08D-4D40-B5F5-2FE1A67AC4CF.jpeg

Ever since my Son was born (8 months), Ive had 3/4 of a miller lite 12 pack, collecting dust.

But miller lite has always been my go to. I also preferred Wyoming Whiskey.

A. Thanks for the suggestions y’all.

B. PBR. They wouldn’t put a blue ribbon on a bad beer

My normal pour is Evan Williams single barrel, other favorite whiskey is balcones brimstone.

Tito’s for vodka, it’s good enough for what I use it for

I used to drink tequila like I liked my dates “cheap, white and nasty”, but marriage has changed that, so now it’s Cameron. I’m not sure how much it really changed

Rum, I’m not a fan

Lived in Oklahoma for a lot of years. There was an old man that made a pretty nice drop of clear, especially if you left it alone in a bottle for 6 months. Unfortunately, he passed some years back. Great to listen to the stories while passing a mason jar around.

Beer: Most of the year it’s gotta be dark! Cold Smoke, Porters, Guinness. Pork chop in every glass! In the blazing heat of the summer maybe lighter like Hefeweizen, Blue Moon, Anchor Steam, or Corona with a lime.

Whiskey—I’m a Bourbon guy. Jim Beam Black on the rocks is the daily pour. Blantons, Bookers, 4 Roses, Colonel EH Taylor, Basil Hayden’s all make great small batches!

Vodka—not much but I keep some Tito’s around in case someone needs a Vesper Martini.

Gin= Beefeater Dry Martini.

Tequila— yes on the good repisado and anejos! 1800, Don Julio of course, and Sammy does a great job with the Cabo Wabo. I like Mescal for scratch margaritas!

Wines— hard to keep me from ordering a Cabernet Sauvignon. Some of the Walla Walla selections are like drinking liquid velvet!

Beer snob for a good ipa or Scottish ale. Hopzone is a staple but others will do. Pliney the elder is the best I’ve tried. I rarely drink hard alcohol but really like Basil hayden and red breast. I like good red wine, but not an expert - estancia cab is good, really liked the cakebread cab but can’t afford it. Will drink bud if it’s cold.. also like a good gin&tonic.

Beer: cold and wet
Wine: what my wife has open
Vodka: Tito's
Whiskey: Templeton Rye or Canadian Mist w/ Diet Coke. Depends on it's purpose.
Gin: Beefeater or Aviation
Rum: Sailor Jerry or Bacardi
Tequila: I don't remember.....

It will be interesting going forward, after losing my taste and smell with a bout of Covid I cannot taste beer or any spirits.
Oddly after my run of Covid in November I could not stand my favorite high ball, bourbon and ginger which scared me. It eventually cam back though. The interesting thing is that I have never been a scotch drinker, but now I have a taste for it.

Beer: cold and wet
Wine: what my wife has open
Vodka: Tito's
Whiskey: Templeton Rye or Canadian Mist w/ Diet Coke. Depends on it's purpose.
Gin: Beefeater or Aviation
Rum: Sailor Jerry or Bacardi
Tequila: I don't remember.....
For a second there I thought you added a category for Coke: :oops:

What a difference a dot can make!

Have a close relative who shares your beer interests....he only drinks

Beer: Cold Beer and Not So Cold Beer

I have a buddy that makes his own “Artisanal Ice” for his Old Fashions, Manhattans, etc, so that it’s clear and doesn’t have bubbles in it. Are you in that deep??

View attachment 211029
Go whisky stones - I don't like the changing amount of water in what should be a neat drink. If I want water to "open up" a scotch I add the desired amount at the start to ensure the same amount of dilution while drinking. And they are easier than setting up special ice.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisb970
Back