Caribou Gear

Glasgow, America

I've always pictured Glasgow as more of a White Wine Spritzer type of town.

(BTW - family was in Glasgow in the late 60's when dad was in the Air Force, still have family in Wolf Point. Love that neck of the state).

Funny, My grandpa was the colonel at the air force base up here in the 60's

How's your guys' winter been so far?

1168_zpsaee2bca6.jpg

Last edited:
Nobody in Glasgow is complaining about the winter. No prolonged cold snaps. Above average snowfall so far, but storms have been few and we have had a little melting between snows. The few whitetails left are having no problem making a living. Beautiful winter in my mind.

Winter is so bad in Glasgow that I had to go out Monday and put the first walleye of the year in the boat... rough.

Nice, it's been getting up in to the forties more days than not over here, lots of sun as well. Very easy winter for the critters.

Surprisingly few rapes as well, always a good thing.

Nice, it's been getting up in to the forties more days than not over here, lots of sun as well. Very easy winter for the critters.

Surprisingly few rapes as well, always a good thing.

Rapes are only down because they finally are prosecuting the Griz Football team.

Winter keeps the riff raff out, no homeless people here.

Nemont

no homeless people here.

Nemont

If I look up thread didn't he shoot himself?

There's a Grizzly bear entered in Boone Crockett killed in Richland County in 1976. Does that make the least bit of sense to you or is it likely a typo?

Winter hasn't been too bad a couple hours west.

Here is a shot from Monday. Critters hitting the sagebrush on the flats in rabbitbrush on the timber edges.

No sage-grouse seen, but sign not far from a lek.

Attachments

• DSC_3128compress.jpg
    DSC_3128compress.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 670
That does seem odd. Reading Lewis and Clark their first encountered grizzly bears around where Culbertson is now

Yeah the guy shot himself. Couldn't stand the thought of ever leaving and wanted to be here forever

Nemont

Last edited:
Rapes are only down because they finally are prosecuting the Griz Football team.
Winter keeps the riff raff out, no homeless people here.

Nemont

So true. And the fact the DOJ investigation is making the prosecutors and local PD do thier job instead of turning a blind eye like they had for so many years.

That does odd. Reading Lewis and Clark they first encounter grizzly bears around where Culbertson is now

Nemont

Possibly supposed to be 1876 instead of 1976?

Looking good Miller, here's one from my hike the other day. almost zero snowpack below about 5000' feet.

002_zps483ecf06.jpg

Possibly supposed to be 1876 instead of 1976?

Looking good Miller, here's one from my hike the other day. almost zero snowpack below about 5000' feet.

002_zps483ecf06.jpg

Man is there any snow pack around over there? I keep hoping that snow pack is good and spring run off is at least average.

Nemont

Winter hasn't been too bad a couple hours west.

Here is a shot from Monday. Critters hitting the sagebrush on the flats in rabbitbrush on the timber edges.

No sage-grouse seen, but sign not far from a lek.
I know I saw it the one time I hunted in your neck of the woods, but critters eating green rabbitbrush is so funny to me! Where I used to work it was hardly, if ever, touched by anything. That said, we had a lot more brush than you do there. Wonder if it's an availabillity thing or a local preference thing..? :confused:

So true. And the fact the DOJ investigation is making the prosecutors and local PD do thier job instead of turning a blind eye like they had for so many years.

??? The DOJ investigation didn't go anywhere...that tells me they weren't turning any blind eyes. All just a bunch of media hype.

Randy, there is beauty where ever you go. You just need to find it. Explore, bring fishin' gear, plan on buying some new. Bring varmnit rifle, Go to bear paws and look for bear, also sheep if you can ever get a tag. NEVER just look off the road and assume you can see the country! Don't know bout breweries but I'll bet you can find some homebrewers {might even be better or a lot worse}. There is always opportunity, it's just comes down to what you make of it. The people there are great!! Good luck and if ya see a Dairy truck headed to or from Havre on a saturday wave. Geeze how did this thread get to date rape and bearded toothless gals and suicide. I have to laugh, This is some funny shizzle!! FUGS

Back