Giving Tuesday

Wildabeest

Just a reminder that today is Giving Tuesday. There are lots of great organizations out there doing great things. Many have had a tough year from a fundraising standpoint due to COVID causing them to cancel their traditional fundraising events.

I’ve had a tradition with my family for many years. In addition to asking them what they’d like for Christmas, I also ask them each to select a charity that they want to support. I then make a donation to that charity in their name and put the receipt in an envelope and give it to them as a Christmas gift. I think it helps to emphasize the spirit of “giving” and not just “getting” at Christmas.

I hope you all have a blessed holiday season!

Last edited:
Just a reminder that today is Giving Tuesday. There are lots of great organizations out there doing great things. Many have had a tough year from a fundraising standpoint due to COVID causing them to cancel their traditional fundraising events.

I’ve had a tradition with my family for many years. In addition to asking them what they’d like for Christmas, I also ask them each to select a charity that they want to support. I then make a donation to that charity in their name and put the receipt in an envelope and give it to them as a Christmas gift. I think it helps to emphasize the spirit of “giving” and not just “getting” at Christmas.

I hope you all have a blessed holiday season!
We do something similar where most of the adults in the family exchange charity donations rather than traditional gifts. You give to a good cause and, in return, you "get" to be on a bunch of charity email lists for the foreseeable future.

Bump.
I just remembered to make my donations. They aren't a ton but I try to spread the love out to a number of organizations that do great work.
APR and TNC are running matching funds right now so you can double your gift.
RMEF foundation (despite their continued silence on the war on elk).
TU
PF
The Trust for Public Land
And and all local land trusts (Chelan Douglas Land Trust).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back