Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Girls Rule! Part 2.........the Sequal.

I don't want to hijack the whole PH forum with answering a few questions and comments from all 3 of my posts. Probably should have just lumped them all together. :eek:
I'll try and answer all 3 on this post. Sorry if I missed anyone! Thanks again for the kind remarks. :cool:

Cade,

Congrats to you and your daughters, those are both really great bucks.

The future of hunting is going to benefit from your kids...no question. I was really impressed at the last legislative session with their testimony and I'm equally as impressed with their hunting abilities.

Great work.

Thanks Buzz. Appreciated all your help over there this spring as well. Girls would definitely not have drawn this tag with Preference Points in place for Residents. They also would not have drawn their deer tags that we'll be hunting in 2 weeks.

I'm fairly laid back until you mess with my Faith, my Family, or my Hunting. That bill messed with 2 of the 3. Glad it was killed.

Passinthru - If I'm still on furlough, shoot me a PM when you're headed this way. I'll see where you'll be at and if it's in the cards to try and help. No sense doing as many 'honey do's' as I've been doing when there's kids that are hunting!

MTMiller - I don't know how you have time to read part 3 with as many sharpies as you've been chasing! Great pics. Hank is envious. I do miss the bird hunting out my back door....

Mdunc8 - Why would you wanna move to Wyoming? From the looks of things, there's a monster bull elk behind every tree in Montana. From reading HT, I think everyone in Montana gets to draw a Moose, Goat, Sheep, or Buffalo tag every couple years. Not so in Wyoming. If you have kids, the Hathaway scholarship is also a joke. If they graduate from a Wyoming High School with decent grades and ACT, it will pay for a large chunk of their tuition to one of the JC’s in Wyo or the U of Wyoming. My wife and I both have degrees from UWYO, I almost can’t live with myself knowing our mascot is a cowboy and not a Griz!

Sluggo - full cooler and Tenderloin on the Grill! Life is good.......
38.jpg

Wyoming 556 - Tell your Paige to keep at it. I'm a firm believer that if we wait until they are 12 or 14, that life will be so busy they'll never get in the hills. Gotta start that fire early. Congrats on getting her out in the hills. I try to balance my 'serious' hunts where I know they couldn't make it, with the easier hunts where terrain is do-able and game is more plentiful. Gotta keep em interested.

JLS - good luck. Sounds like a great time.

Big Sky - Kenz took that picture. When I got back to the computer and saw it, I was impressed. I didn't know she was snapping away. I liked it so much, I made it the cover on my FaceBook page. I'll see about getting it in Western Hunter magazine. You made her evening with your comment. Thank you.

Duck Slayer - looks like you're doing it right by getting them out in the hills now. Congrats.

elkrchr - Your post made me smile. We're doing a euro on Paige's but mounting Kenz's. I would have done Paige's but I've got last years bull at the taxi. My mulie from this year had to settle for a euro as well. Anyway, when Kenz killed her mulie last year we discussed mounting it. Her mom told us to be rational and think about it before we did it. I believe her exact words were, " Kenz, you'll be going away to college in a few years. What will you do with a deer head then?" My response, "she'll take it with her and put it in the living room, what do you think she's going to do with it?" No, we didn't mount it....

DBear - Dora poles have caught some whopper Colorado River Cut-throats! Keep at it.

Muskeez - PM me, depending on what part of SE Wyoming you're in! This subsidized Gov't hunter might be able to help.

Fin - My girls do rule. So glad they take after their mother.....

Speaking of their mother:
1-Pointer - How do you know what their mother looks like?:rolleyes:
I hope you're just insinuating that they don't look like me.......;)

If not, Honeybagers question could be a great segway into also introducing you to my Weaver Rifle! ;)

HoneyBadger - I flat love my Weaver Rifle. Had it 3 years now and it's harvested 20 (I lose track) critters for us. Kenz has harvested all her animals with it. It shoots sub 1/2 MOA groups with the first load I worked in it. Kevin's work is outstanding. You will not be disappointed.

Thanks again everyone. It is really satisfying to get them in the hills. I just wish I had more time to introduce a few more people to this great sport.

Next stop will be a couple pretty good mule deer tags!

Keep up the good work. Those are some awesome bucks and happy girls!! Congrats

If Part III gets any better, you should write a book about it. Extremely cool. Thanks for sharing it with al of us. Congrats to the girls.

well done! Those memories will last forever. I have a couple of daughters who are shooters as well. . .good for you Dad! Nice bucks girls!

If Part III gets any better, you should write a book about it. Extremely cool. Thanks for sharing it with al of us. Congrats to the girls.
Or create a TV show!
Fantastic job, i know a few people who can't shoot as well as your girls.
Cheers
Richard

Posts about Hunttalker's kids are better than the rest IMHO. Congrats to your daughters...way to go!!

I truly appreciate the offer.

I'll pm you but I don't expect you to waste time on us.

We're leaving early next Wednesday, both of us are getting pumped.

Thanks again

Dads that take kids hunting rule!!!
Especially if they post the story and pics on here for us all to enjoy...

Great story and pics as always! Congratulations Girls!! Thanks for sharing dad, it's great to see and show my girls which are often at my side as well. Enjoy the rest of the seasons!

Kenz's 2013 buck is already back from the Taxi. She opted to hang it in "the office" so it would have friends. Tried to pick a pose that would show off that extra cutter off the back a little more, but nothing was going to work out very well. I've killed a couple B/C gross critters that never made it to the office but there was no way I wasn't putting her first one on the wall, especially with that extra cutter!

1.jpg
2.jpg
6.jpg

Wow! Fantastic times! Congrats! Really unique pronghorn with that knot! Might make Big Fin jealous with his desire for those more "interesting" horns :)
Some great family times there! Really like your line... "Hunt WITH your kids NOW so you don't have to hunt FOR them LATER!"

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back