Gettin old aint for wusses

That is why the "Young" need to truly FEAR us ! Piss us off and they may never get this far...……..

I thought it was a good idea to not put my orthotic insoles in my new boots. I don't like how they wear out the inside of my boots prematurely. I'll be darned if I was gonna ruin my new Hanwags. My feet thought otherwise and after a couple months, my legs are all jacked up at the moment. Not getting much walking in. Sucks getting old but as you said better than the alternative.

I'm 53 now and have the run of the mill aches and pains that seem to effect us all. What I really want to know is, what the hell happens to our eyebrows, ear, nose and chest hair when a man gets around 50? I guess it has had enough of conforming and wants to live on the wild side!

I tore my acl this winter playing old man basketball. First major injury I’ve had and I’m not sure what hunting season is going to be like.

I tore my acl this winter playing old man basketball. First major injury I’ve had and I’m not sure what hunting season is going to be like.
Tore mine several years ago and had a replacement. Cadaver part. Off work for 4 months and worked my butt off with therapy. Good as new!

I’m working on it couldn’t get it fixed til early summer cause of Covid

Will be 77 next Sunday and have peaked out. Beginning to lose some muscle mass and stamina. Pinched a nerve in my left shoulder a couple of years ago and it took 8 mos to gradually go away but left me with some muscle loss in my left hand, enough so that I can no longer grip the slides on my semiauto handguns tight enough to rack them so I have to switch hands for that. My Mom and Maternal Grandfather lived to 95, my Father passed on the eve of his 98th, three of my uncles lived into their 90's so I should be able to hang on for some time. I had gone back to work until Covid hit and due to my wife's fragile health I chose to quit and quarantine myself to protect her as much as possible but were it not for that I'd still be out there bending wrenches.

When you think you're at the end of your rope just tie a knot in the end and hang on.

I’m in pretty good shape for 53 but what irks me is long recovery time and decreasing stamina(physical). I hiked 13 miles in one day in some rough elk terrain last year with a guy who is 36. I kept up until mile 11 and then totally crapped out. He popped out of bed next morning and I felt like I had fought mike Tyson.
my wife is a teacher and I am considering taking a lower paying job with the district so we can have summers off and do the physical stuff we like before I am too old to do It. Honestly guys, do I sound high or does this idea have merit??

About 20 years ago I developed a pinched nerve in my neck that started numbing my left arm,then basicly seized my neck. After a month of pain pills.exrays & therapy the work comp doc told me it was a pre-existing condition,degenerated disks and sent me back to work.....with advice to take Vicodin....at work. I went to my association lawyer before going downtown to straighten out my a-hole super.
My doc later told me this is why he stays out of work comp deals. I asked what can I do? He said its just old age and hard to tell what idiotic thing I did in my youth to start the degeneration in my neck.
"So I need a Way Back machine"? I asked......he said yeah,that might work. LOL
I continued with therapy on my own and was back at work shortly with advice from therapist...when you do what starts hurting or causes tingling in the neck,back or anywhere,STOP DOING THAT!!

65 and finishing my barn one day at a time,between STOPS......lol

I put 69 in the rear view mirror this spring. There is nothing presently that hurts, but I dealt with a torn muscle, likely anyway, that hurt and limited me for several months, beginning last fall.

My younger brother convinced me, by his example, to start strength training four plus years ago. It has really done me a world of good, more than I could have imagined.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back