Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Get a new key or live dangerously? Poll

Should I get a new key?

• Yes

Votes: 40 74.1%
  • No

Votes: 14 25.9%

• Total voters
This is one of the benefits of driving an older vehicle. Standard key with no chip is sufficient. No one is going to steal a 1998 Jimmy with a different colored hood. Or break into it. "What could that bum have that I could possibly want?" I'll put the $200 to $400 for an extra key towards my next trip to Africa. And then there's the savings of not having to carry collision insurance. Big $$$!! Yeah, being a rich bum has its perks.
Leave that thing with the keys in it in Hardin and it’ll be gone within a few hours. You’d be surprised what people steal.

That's about what Ford charged me when we (my wife) lost ours. Go ahead and replace it. The pain goes away after 9 or 10 months.

Who asked for $200+ car keys?
Why is this technology being forced upon us?
This is why people don’t trust scientist anymore.

Na brah. It's for security. Since the key is paired to the vehicle people can't just hotwire it.

Now they have to go through all the trouble of buying an RF spoofer to steal the signal while your keys sit in that little basket by the front door before they can drive it away.

Na brah. It's for security. Since the key is paired to the vehicle people can't just hotwire it.

Now they have to go through all the trouble of buying an RF spoofer to steal the signal while your keys sit in that little basket by the front door before they can drive it away.
Do you have a link to one of those?
How much are they?

The auto industry is hurting to service vehicle cuz of the lack of technicians. Coming from someone who dwells in dealerships for a living. Not I heard of to see scheduled appointments go out for 3 weeks.

I’d get the key. Don’t shortcut it honestly. It’s not worth.

And you have to make an appointment and drop the car off 😂😂😂

Yep… not like back in the old days.

My mom stripped the ignition on my 84 Subaru took about 5 min and a YouTube video to Hotwire it and break the steering lock… those were the days

I've been living dangerously for about a year now. Left my fob for my work car on my bedcover of my truck and drove off. It's a VW so my understanding is that I'm required to take it to the dealer for a new fob.

Curious if this is actually workable? I think I would give it a try at this price. No clue why the link to Walmart says robot or human.

Instructions:
PROGRAMMING:

FREE PROGRAM INSTRUCTIONS ARE INCLUDED WITH PURCHASE

YOU MUST HAVE ONE WORKING FACTORY KEYLESS REMOTE FOB FOR THESE INSTRUCTIONS TO WORK, WITHOUT IT YOU WILL NEED TO HAVE THE REMOTE PROGRAMMED AT YOUR LOCAL CHRYSLER/DODGE/JEEP DEALERSHIP

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back