Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Garmin Xero C1 Pro Chronograph

Shot my pellet gun today off the table in my backyard. Just opened the tripod, turned the Garmin on, started a new session, and set it on the table about even with the objective of my scope. Fired 6 shots all of them recorded without issue. This thing is stupid simple to use and works great so far.

Attachments

• 20231025_150527.jpg
    20231025_150527.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 11
No centerfire yet, but I set up and shot 30 shots of 22lr today and it recorded all of them. Pretty impressed with this thing so far.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231027_171236_ShotView.jpg
    Screenshot_20231027_171236_ShotView.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 6
So far rock solid for muzzle velocity out on the range. Only are where LabRadar shines is inside shooting through a tunnel.

Scheels called me today with my name on one. Smaller than anticipated (think gopro size). $599 and great timing since my two decade plus chrono is rapidly heading to the afterlife and I have several loads/calibers to get out and test. All the reviews make this thing sound almost too good to be true. Played around with the pellet gun and captured every shot.

Last edited:
Mine just came in. A few weeks ago I asked for a backorder on GOHUNT and it shipped on Monday. Blown away at how small this thing is. Looking forward to trying it out.

I see they are on backorder again, but if you are interested in getting on the backorder list, here is the link (you also get store points when buying at GOHUNT) - https://bit.ly/49R8OjW

When I get back from this next trip I hope to give it a full test and see how it compared with my old chrono.

Mine just came in. A few weeks ago I asked for a backorder on GOHUNT and it shipped on Monday. Blown away at how small this thing is. Looking forward to trying it out.

I see they are on backorder again, but if you are interested in getting on the backorder list, here is the link (you also get store points when buying at GOHUNT) - https://bit.ly/49R8OjW

When I get back from this next trip I hope to give it a full test and see how it compared with my old chrono.
So simple to use even a Caveman can figure it out. I’ve had various chronographs since they first came out. This blows all the rest out of the water.
Once you get the app downloaded onto your phone there is a little learning curve in becoming familiar with how to manipulate through the data but nothing like the other main competitors.
Have yet to have it not read a shot.

Scheels had them in stock I will wait for Cabela’s to because I have the points to get one for free. Heard good things so far.

The major plus of it versus other types I have used is the ease of setup, takedown, and data storage. I leave the tripod attached to the unit, store it in an old padded pistol case and in less than 15 sec. it is unzipped, setup and ready for use. Same with take down and storage for travel.

It has the capability of storing 50 different sessions with up to 100 rounds per session.

Very typical Garmin quality, update capability, and service.

It will be used 100 times more by people due to the above features, rather than a few times to check/recheck your ammo. There is no need to hand write or keep notes on different rifles or ammo as all sessions are capable of being labeled and stored via Bluetooth onto your cell phone app.

You can use it for air rifles, rim or center fire cartridges, pistols, bows, shotguns, and another category they refer to as ‘other’.

If you think you have to have downrange BC info on your bullets then get a Labradar - they’re selling used all over the place since the Garmin has hit the market.

It's important to make sure it's turned on completely for it to read but setup is simple. I completely missed the first shot because I didn't get the shot string ready

6.5 Grendel 123 SST Charge weights volumetric measured. I was convinced they were a bit faster
Screenshot_20231126_152937_ShotView.jpg

180gr Hammer Hunter 300WinMag.
Screenshot_20231126_153324_ShotView.jpg

What’s the going rate for used labradars, for those who frequent other forums?

How do you extract the data from the Garmin? In Excel format?

One of the things that I don't like about the Labradar is that I cannot go back to a previous series and continue shooting it. Can you do that with the Garmin?

How do you extract the data from the Garmin? In Excel format?

One of the things that I don't like about the Labradar is that I cannot go back to a previous series and continue shooting it. Can you do that with the Garmin?
CSV files are a flat file format. You can open them in Excel and then save them to the Excel version you prefer, or just leave them as CSV. They can be opened in Notepad or imported to other programs as well. Very flexible.

The Xero C1 Pro has a capacity to hold 2,000 shots in its history. Then you need to download that history to the app, if I understand correctly. Downloads are facilitated via an included USB cable/connection.

The unit communicates with your mobile (for the app) via bluetooth, so maybe you can also connect to a computer via bluetooth for the data download? Maybe someone will know and can advise.

From this Outdoorlife review:

"It also allows you to give sessions a unique name (the default is a random name number), and export the data as a CSV file..."

Garmin Xero C1 Pro Review and Field Test
This new device is a game changer that just made your old chronograph obsolete
BY JOHN B. SNOW | PUBLISHED OCT 19, 2023 10:18 AM EDT

Back