PEAX Equipment

Garmin Xero C1 Pro Chronograph

The unit communicates with your mobile (for the app) via bluetooth, so maybe you can also connect to a computer via bluetooth for the data download? Maybe someone will know and can advise.
I haven't tried connecting to my computer yet. I finally got a laptop that wasn't running on an antiquated version of Windows. I'll give it a try and let you know if I figure it out.

Among other reasons, I may switch just for the increased velocity ceiling.

3900fps max for the Labradar is useless for 22-250 and 220 Swift. Garmin goes up to 5000fps.

I'm curious how well the Garmin does with a variety of rifles using various muzzle devices. Brakes, suppressors, etc. The Labradar is super sensitive to muzzle placement so I purchased a recoil triggering device (piet trigger?) I can't seem to get it adjusted properly. Sometimes just closing the bolt causes a false reading and I have to delete it from the string. Some rifles it prefers to be on the barrel, others on the reciever or optic. That's my main gripe with the Labradar .
I'll be watching the Garmin feedback for a while before I dump the Labradar.

I'm curious how well the Garmin does with a variety of rifles using various muzzle devices. Brakes, suppressors, etc. The Labradar is super sensitive to muzzle placement so I purchased a recoil triggering device (piet trigger?) I can't seem to get it adjusted properly. Sometimes just closing the bolt causes a false reading and I have to delete it from the string. Some rifles it prefers to be on the barrel, others on the reciever or optic. That's my main gripe with the Labradar .
I'll be watching the Garmin feedback for a while before I dump the Labradar.
I have shot centerfire suppressed / braked / bare muzzle and rimfire for around 150 shots total with mine so far. Hasn't missed anything, from setting on the bench or ground next to the rifle, to setting on the bench next to me practicing positional shooting. I'm fairly certain it's triggered by a projectile in the velocity range it's looking for entering its radar cone or whatever. So it doesn't need an external trigger or noise signature to start recording.

I have shot centerfire suppressed / braked / bare muzzle and rimfire for around 150 shots total with mine so far. Hasn't missed anything, from setting on the bench or ground next to the rifle, to setting on the bench next to me practicing positional shooting. I'm fairly certain it's triggered by a projectile in the velocity range it's looking for entering its radar cone or whatever. So it doesn't need an external trigger or noise signature to start recording.
Thats good to hear!
Suppressed and braked were the biggest issue. Two identical rifles, one braked, one suppressed required a lot of adjustment when switching rifles

I have a Labradar with external trigger and external battery. Despite best efforts misses ~10% of shots. Routinely errors on bolt open/closure. Setup and ease of use Garmin wins hands down. Head tempImageEiZNFW.jpg to head <1% velocity difference. I'll likely have the Labradar up for sale shortly.

I have a Labradar with external trigger and external battery. Despite best efforts misses ~10% of shots. Routinely errors on bolt open/closure. Setup and ease of use Garmin wins hands down. Head View attachment 304335 to head <1% velocity difference. I'll likely have the Labradar up for sale shortly.
This is the feedback I'm looking for. I keep a log book with my Labradar so I can delete false readings, adjust shot counts, etc when I get home. I use a milwaulkee Fuel 18v battery with a USB adapter and after 7hrs it still shows 75% capacity. Running off the internal 6 AA batteries it lasts about 3 hrs.

This is the feedback I'm looking for. I keep a log book with my Labradar so I can delete false readings, adjust shot counts, etc when I get home. I use a milwaulkee Fuel 18v battery with a USB adapter and after 7hrs it still shows 75% capacity. Running off the internal 6 AA batteries it lasts about 3 hrs.My external battery
This is the feedback I'm looking for. I keep a log book with my Labradar so I can delete false readings, adjust shot counts, etc when I get home. I use a milwaulkee Fuel 18v battery with a USB adapter and after 7hrs it still shows 75% capacity. Running off the internal 6 AA batteries it lasts about 3 hrs.
My external battery ..I think purchased from LabRadar last months. Have never even tried AA batteries

I'm in the boat of having a LabRadar for sale, in a flooded market thanks to Garmin. If you're looking for a chronograph the only issue is price..... and if you can find the Garmin, other than that this is the chrono to buy. Side by side with the LabRadar it catches all the shots and is much easier/faster to use, fps readouts are the same. I was seeing the Garmin popup on Scheels website somewhat regularly if you're looking for one.

I'm in the boat of having a LabRadar for sale, in a flooded market thanks to Garmin. If you're looking for a chronograph the only issue is price..... and if you can find the Garmin, other than that this is the chrono to buy. Side by side with the LabRadar it catches all the shots and is much easier/faster to use, fps readouts are the same. I was seeing the Garmin popup on Scheels website somewhat regularly if you're looking for one.
I'm in the same boat. But I'm going to wait 6 months and see where these are going. Garmin GPS units and accessories are always for sale at really steep discounts on the used market. There's a reason why they are a high turn around product. Hopefully this Garmin chrono is a keeper.

I've been interested in the Garmin C1 Pro, but just learned about the Caldwell 'chirp' radar unit about to be introduced. May 2024, if I'm correct. MSRP: $499. It was shown at Shot Show...

There are other YT videos, but this one was shorter. 😁

New Caldwell Velociradar - Shot Show 2024 [GunsAmerica]

Last edited:
For those of you who bought them, any regrets? I desperately need a new chrono that actually works and isn’t a pain in the ass, and I’m about 99% sold on the garmin. I don’t want to spend the money, but if it really is that much better and easier to use than the competition I’ll bite the bullet.

For those of you who bought them, any regrets? I desperately need a new chrono that actually works and isn’t a pain in the ass, and I’m about 99% sold on the garmin. I don’t want to spend the money, but if it really is that much better and easier to use than the competition I’ll bite the bullet.
I’ve used a magneto and a regular chronograph. I would get the Garmin and I wouldn’t think twice about it.

Buy once, Cry once! You won't regret buying the Garmin. It's hands down the very best consumer grade chronograph on the market today.

I have (5) other chronographs, including two LRs, that are now collecting dust since I purchased the Garmin.

I have only had my Garmin out once, but, since I was able to get it working without too much fuss, it must be about idiot-proof.

Hint - if you are like me and choose to use it without first reading the instructions, choose the right speed range for the cartridge you are shooting.😀

I have only had my Garmin out once, but, since I was able to get it working without too much fuss, it must be about idiot-proof.

Hint - if you are like me and choose to use it without first reading the instructions, choose the right speed range for the cartridge you are shooting.😀
I Also didn’t read the instructions when it told me to put 5-15” from the barrel I put it 5-15’. Only shot it’s missed so far.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tzog
Back