Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

GAOA - Act now!

seeth07

Before Wednesday, July 22nd, make sure to call or email your house rep telling them to support this bill (great American outdoors act or GAOA). Do this especially if you don't see your rep on the list of sponsors found here:

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-bill/7092/cosponsors?q={%22search%22:[%22great+american+outdoors+act%22]}&r=1&s=1&searchResultViewType=expanded

Before Wednesday, July 22nd, make sure to call or email your house rep telling them to support this bill (great American outdoors act or GAOA). Do this especially if you don't see your rep on the list of sponsors found here:

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-bill/7092/cosponsors?q={%22search%22:[%22great+american+outdoors+act%22]}&r=1&s=1&searchResultViewType=expanded
Thanks for the link my representative Mike Kelly was not on the sponsors list. An e-mail has been sent in his direction asking for support of this bill.

Email sent 5 weeks ago to Loebsack D-IA, and just an auto-reply so far saying he was looking into GAOA. He’s not on the co-sponsor list.

Should be a slam dunk in the house shouldn’t it?
Is there any reason why the party of the public land hunter wouldn’t use their majority to pass this?

My representative auto reply acknowledged the receipt of my email. I left a voice mail on his DC office phone as well. It most likely won't help as he is a Koch acolyte and a previous supporter of "states rights" to control current federally controlled land, and also against the oil producers having to pay royalties into LWCF.

You shouldn't be allowed to call for a delay if it is abundantly clear you are 100% against the bill haha. Actually Utah representatives should just be marked down as a no vote against any public land funding bills and don't even bother having them fly into DC.

Trying to nail down the jello of rep. Budd's position. I was told yesterday that he still hasn't made up his mind, though he is a "very strong" supporter of LWCF.

I got an interesting reply that doesn't actually say if he supports the bill or not. Was disappointed. Leaves me feeling that he wanted to show me he supports natural resources but doesn't want to fork over cash from federal earnings to pay for it.

Here is the response:

Dear Brandon:

Thank you for contacting me regarding the Great American Outdoors Act. I appreciate hearing from you on this important issue.

Senator Cory Gardner (R-CO) introduced the Great American Outdoors Act on March 9, 2020. This bill would require 50% of all federal revenue from the production of oil, gas, coal, and other energy sources on federal lands be deposited into a fund to support deferred maintenance projects on federal lands. The bill would also make funding for the Land and Water Conservation Fund (LWCF) permanent. The Great American Outdoors Act passed the Senate on June 17, 2020 by a vote of 73-25 and now awaits consideration in the House.

I am proud to represent a district with an abundance of natural resources and diverse landscapes, including 80 miles of Lake Michigan shoreline. I believe we should encourage conservation at all levels to protect the natural environment for our citizens and future generations to enjoy. While the country faces fiscal challenges and mounting debt, we must take care to craft legislation that effectively and ethically promotes advances in environmental conservation without posing risks to the country's financial stability. I will be sure to keep your thoughts in mind should S. 3422 reach the House floor for a vote.

Thank you again for contacting me. Representing you in Congress is an honor and I appreciate hearing from you. Should you have other concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out. To stay up-to-date on my work in Washington, I invite you to sign up for my newsletter by visiting my website at www.grothman.house.gov, and following me on Twitter (@RepGrothman) and Facebook (Congressman Glenn Grothman).

Sincerely,
(signed)

Glenn Grothman
Member of Congress

For a bit of context, here is the email I wrote:

Congressman Grothman,

It's about time you get on board and co-sponsor this bill for our public lands before the likely vote on Wednesday. I've seen you attend DU events in our area and have met with you at them so I know how important supporting wildlife and public places in this nation are to you. When I found out you weren't a co-sponsor on this bill yet I was shocked. I know this bill isn't something that drastically affects Wisconsin, especially in our district. We don't have a large amount of federal lands like most states out west do but as a person who regularly travels and visits the Chequamegon and Nicolet National forests and 2 to 3 trips out west each year, I could not be happier about what this bill will do for our nation.

Thanks for your time reading this email and I hope that you take my opinion on this issue into account come Wednesday when you have to decide how to vote.

I can't wait till the next DU banquet. If he votes no, I'm going to get on the mic and call him out on the spot and have him tell all of us why he voted no. Probably will lose a lot of November votes the next time he's up for election

Todays the day....take note of the no votes. They are no friends of ours. Same for the senators that voted no

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back