GAOA - Act now!

Hv4.gif

Great news!!! Trump has repeatedly signalled support for this so not worried about signature.

Anyone have a link to the vote? Have a feeling our Reps didn't go the same direction our senators did...

Lookings like 105 house republicans voted against it. Lots of Familiar suspects on that list

My Rep, Rob Bishop, voted against this? Say it ain’t so! :ROFLMAO:

I’ve sent emails to both Rob Bishop and Mike Lee respectfully asking them to stop lying to the public about this bill. They both consistently claim that the bill is about giving the federal gov’t more money to buy up land. Nowhere do they ever mention that it’s really about providing for the maintenance backlog. The same maintenance issues that they use as justification for land transfer to states. I basically said, if you really believed that your position on this issue was defensible, you wouldn’t have to lie about it in order to convince people to oppose it.

I’m sure I’ll get a fundraising solicitation from them at some point...

Great news!!! Trump has repeatedly signalled support for this so not worried about signature.
I would not take too much comfort in previous statements. It’ll be a full court press by the opposition to get him to veto this. It’s an issue I could see him waffling on depending on whatever way he thinks the political winds are blowing. I think that chances are better than 50/50 that he will sign it, but now is not the time to take our foot off the gas.

FYI. Nay votes

Attachments

• 89BF7CC9-487E-4424-9A89-23857C04F613.jpeg
    89BF7CC9-487E-4424-9A89-23857C04F613.jpeg
    157.8 KB · Views: 67
My representative lost my vote.... He just got an email for me that the delete button was used on several times. I wanted to call him every name in the book, but I feel that would cause it to be discarded rather than read. I'm sure I'll get some BS response.

Last edited:
My Rep, Rob Bishop, voted against this? Say it ain’t so! :ROFLMAO:

I’ve sent emails to both Rob Bishop and Mike Lee respectfully asking them to stop lying to the public about this bill. They both consistently claim that the bill is about giving the federal gov’t more money to buy up land. Nowhere do they ever mention that it’s really about providing for the maintenance backlog. The same maintenance issues that they use as justification for land transfer to states. I basically said, if you really believed that your position on this issue was defensible, you wouldn’t have to lie about it in order to convince people to oppose it.

I’m sure I’ll get a fundraising solicitation from them at some point...

I have the same clowns 🤡. I’ve actually had lunch with Lee and while he comes across to me as a decent guy, he also comes across as out of touch and panders to rich Utahns.

My representative lost my vote....

mine never had mine to begin with. Disgusting watching him testify against the bill when my other state rep was a cosponsor of it. He pretty much just repeated every public land hater talking point

mine never had mine to begin with. Disgusting watching him testify against the bill when my other state rep was a cosponsor of it. He pretty much just repeated every public land hater talking point

I was unsure where my vote was going, but this solidified it for me. Especially when Our Senator introduced the bill in the Senate, getting this through could help him win against our former Governor. Him showing his true colors had him lose mine, my wife's and my son's vote.

Well I'm very happily surprised that my rep voted for this. I called three different times, twice this week, to feel out his position and was told each time that he "wasnt ready to make his position public." I pitched my support each time. No idea if that helped or not, but it doesnt look like our state voted as a block so I'm hoping it pushed the needle if he was on the fence. That's what I'll tell myself at least.

Very happy to see this pass.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back