Montana Representative Rosendale at it again

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
As if it wasn't embarrassing enough that Matt Rosendale co-sponsored the dumbass RETURN ACT bill to get rid of the Pittman-Robertson bill last summer, he's and his circus show clowns in DC are at it again, but this time messing with any acquisitions via the Land & Water Conservation Fund that finally got full and permanent funding in 2020, with Senator Daines being one of the primary sponsors and it being signed by President Trump.

Now comes Representative Rosendale with H.R. 2135 to prohibit the use of LWCF funds for acquisitions by Department of Interior. Link here - https://www.congress.gov/bill/118th-congress/house-bill/2153/cosponsors?s=1&r=212

Look at his list of fellow co-sponsors and dates they all signed on. Could you join forces with a more ardent group of anti-public land folks than this crew?

Then he decided to co-sponsor H.R. 2158 - https://www.congress.gov/bill/118th-congress/house-bill/2158/text/ih?overview=closed&format=txt

His list of fellow co-sponsors remains the same.

Not wanting to miss any other carney appearances, he lent his support to co-sponsors H.R. 2169 - https://www.congress.gov/bill/118th-congress/house-bill/2169/cosponsors

In one final act to make sure Montanans know how much he wants to screw them over on access, he signed on as a co-sponsor of H.R. 2207 - https://www.congress.gov/bill/118th-congress/house-bill/2207/actions?s=1&r=64

Both of those have the same clown show of sponsors.

That link @JM77 posted to comment on that great Wyoming project wouldn't happen if Matt Rosendale had his say. If you know him tell him your thoughts. Or, if want to comment to him as your Representative, here is the place to do that - https://rosendale.house.gov/

Carry on ........

"Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right ... " My grassroots, salt-of-the-earth Montana homesteader grandparents are rolling in their resting places with the stark changes to heretofore steadfast Montana values by the clowns of East Idaho and West Dakota ... together with the antics of the jokers in the Capitol creating bills describing solutions searching for problems, with a distinct focus on "sex", rather than on their elected mandates to resolve real and legitimate issues. It's as though the real Montana is gone and all that remains is Butte, America!

I really don't know what to say. Montanan's voted for this clown again, so by that token conservation must not be very high up on their list of things that are important to them.

How can we change this mindset?
As long as the National Democratic Party runs on the platform they have chose, you could elect almost anyone as a Republican in Montana. Conservation has little to do with the choice the average Montanan makes even though they might regret their vote when it comes to that issue.

As long as the National Democratic Party runs on the platform they have chose, you could elect almost anyone as a Republican in Montana. Conservation has little to do with the choice the average Montanan makes even though they might regret their vote when it comes to that issue.
Exactly

MT state Dems are typically pretty distinct from the national party platform. Unfortunately that distinction seems lost on voters, who now pay more attention to a letter accompanying a name than policy proposals.

Montana is changing quickly, and so many‘s politics are essentially prescribed by the Internet, and are increasingly as shallow as an August puddle.

What Rosendale is pushing for here would essentially halt the work of folks like the RMEF, and all sorts of other stories we view as conservation successes. Same goes for our current AG, who seems to place his allegiance to those yet to become Montanans over those who actually are.

There’s a streak of anti-conservation that’s apparently quite successful in Montana’s republican party. We need to form the proper narratives to communicate how terrible this is - particularly when considering the insanely insanely rapid change this place is experiencing.

I think the best way to do this is to point a real world examples that are local and in the minds of Montanans. Help them realize what wouldn’t come to be if these bastards had their way. I live in a very conservative county, but essentially to a person everyone who’s here is damn happy that Hadley Park is now public. Rosendale is trying to put an end to stories like this.

Last edited:
It kind of makes me sad Tester is going to lose.
I’m no democrat and I’m sure there’s plenty of people I’d prefer in the Senate over Tester but those aren’t the people that are going to be the ones to replace him.
He’s a good person, and a Montanan. Won’t be able to say that about the replacement, I bet.

Last edited:
I can't imagine that type of bill making it very far. Secret congress seems pretty pro-public lands.

But important to remember that it doesn't matter who u voted for, you have to continue badgering them about issues u care about.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back