Game cameras

MrRee

Hi all.
I am new here so maybe don't know where to look (did the search) but wondered if there were people here who are in to Game Cameras ?

Is there a topic they hang in around ?

I have only 3, a 35mm and 2 digitals but like to hear what others are doing with theirs and the new tech stuff on them too.

I've got an old 35mm that does pretty well, and a game vu digital, but the digital is always grainy. I've only had the digital about 3 months though.

What are you finding?

Howdy MrRee,

Don't know about game cameras but WELCOME to Hunttalk.

I'm sure somebody will have an answer for ya...these guys know everything!
biggrin.gif

Hello there Ten Bears & Mule
smile.gif

My cameras are a 35mm Photoscout that I boughta year ago. It works great, good pics, buts eats my lunch on film & developeing. I then bought a DHC200 from Atlantis. It sounded good but have a lot of problems with it. Finaly got them to ok sending it back for a replacement. That should be a great camera with the software problems cured.

I built a digital myself. That one is working great!! It has the RS232 board for controler and an Olympus D-360 camera in it.
I updated the camera to a 64mb card so can take tons of pics. Really happy with that and the quality of the pics. I did not add the slave flash, felt I did not need it as I use it on trails so did not need the long range flash. Maybe I can post some pics from it when I learn more on how to use this site.

MrRee.. If you have ANY questions... Just ask, We'll get ya up and Running
smile.gif

We've used a Trail camera. Wasthinknig about a digital Camera but hanging a spendy camera in the Woods jsut doesn't seem like My Idea of a good idea. Last year we.. Errr my hunting buddy actually went to Cabelas and ZBought the ol' $69.99 camera. It works great...

Go here to check out some Pictures !!!

http://www.huntandlodge.com/gallery/springbear03

By the way.. WELCOME to Moosies HuntTalk.com

Here's a place that sells top of line ones, but has some you can view from for free.

http://www.fantasyhunt.com

Its $10,000 for a solar powered web controlled, zoom and pan, type camera to view from your home or office on the web.

There are some to look through at their web page for free though, but you can only do that free on one camera at a time. For, $5/month, they let you look at 8 at once I think, plus, actually control them, instead of just look through one.

I can't get over the high tech end of this.

Have you seen those video cameras in a scope? You can like hold your gun out around the tree and look at the video image. If the crosshairs on on, then you can pull the trigger, sighting through the video image. Its pretty amazing.

This stuff way to HIGH TECH for me. I just go sit in a tree. See what walks by. Once or twice I even woke up in time to see deer. Its time consuming, but it sure beats cutting the grass, and washing cars.

Back