MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

FWP Wildlife Chief Being Reassigned

Gerald Martin

Looks like Director Worsech has been successful in taking one more step in shaping the department into something more to his liking.

SMFH. I don’t think folks realize the depth of damage being done to the agency right now. Everyone with the experience and fortitude to speak up for the resource is being removed. Also never thought I’d see the day that biologist jobs in Montana would get zero applicants.

You could not pay me enough to work for FWP under this administration.

IMO, Director Worsech has concentrated on focusing his efforts on making the department run to his standard of “efficiency” without regard to the real in the field and on the ground consequences to the personnel under his leadership and the resources his department is mandated to manage and protect.

Same thing with the politically driven elk management policies he’s pushed since becoming Director.

Wildlife comes last.

Last edited:
Might seem a little dramatic but, if there was enough FWP staff unhappy with current management couldn't they sign a joint letter requesting his removal and stage a walkout? That would have pretty major implications within the agency and it would receive national attention.
Or would that be an overreaction?

SMFH. I don’t think folks realize the depth of damage being done to the agency right now. Everyone with the experience and fortitude to speak up for the resource is being removed. Also never thought I’d see the day that biologist jobs in Montana would get zero applicants.

You could not pay me enough to work for FWP under this administration.
To me this is one of the saddest parts, losing folks like yourself.
Hoping for the best for Montana's wildlife.

This administration is going to do what it wants how it wants and anyone who stands in their way or disagrees will get replaced or reassighned

Might seem a little dramatic but, if there was enough FWP staff unhappy with current management couldn't they sign a joint letter requesting his removal and stage a walkout? That would have pretty major implications within the agency and it would receive national attention.
Or would that be an overreaction?
I’ve wondered that myself. FWP is or was unionized as well, I would think they could use some leverage as well

I’ve wondered that myself. FWP is or was unionized as well, I would think they could use some leverage as well
It just seems to me that in the public sector, with a high profile agency like the FWP, and considering the scrutiny that Hank has put them under, there is no way he could get away with just letting everyone walk out and replacing them with kool-aid drinkers. GG would be forced to remove him and find someone else.

But if there's enough of them that truly disagree with what's going on? Or maybe there's more support from the Bios than we believe?

It just seems to me that in the public sector, with a high profile agency like the FWP, and considering the scrutiny that Hank has put them under, there is no way he could get away with just letting everyone walk out and replacing them with kool-aid drinkers. GG would be forced to remove him and find someone else.

But if there's enough of them that truly disagree with what's going on? Or maybe there's more support from the Bios than we believe?
He is executing GG's orders. Who is the staff going to write a letter to?

Problem is the same politicians that are destroying wildlife have also worked extra hard to destroy the clout of public sector unions.

These guys play the long game and the public buys it...hook, line, sinker.

Start a thread about Unions...sit back and watch the comments.

Problem is the same politicians that are destroying wildlife have also worked extra hard to destroy the clout of public sector unions.

These guys play the long game and the public buys it...hook, line, sinker.

Start a thread about Unions...sit back and watch the comments.
You are spot on this one, sad reality.

"The 2021 Legislature was the first session where Director Hank Worsech prohibited staff from testifying on bills so McDonald was less visible."

This is absolutely absurd. Why would a director of a program that is supposed to be managing wildlife using best practices stop experts in the field from speaking on the issue? Would their voice and opinion not be valued among the conversation? Would you limit the voice of transportation, health care, or other experts from voicing their opinion on their respective fields?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back