FWP Wildlife Chief Being Reassigned

It is interesting to get campaign flyers in the mail of candidates bragging about their conservation wins...when they are the very ones making decisions to get rid of conservation efforts. So obviously they realize conservation matters to people but don't bother to actually make it better for the public.

It's frustrating to talk to other hunters who say they just want to quit hunting because they feel there's no accessible animals to hunt anymore and yet they don't bother to look into the issues and try to make it better, at least for future generations. At least people here care enough.

When a candidate with lots of baggage and flaws like GG wins an election it is more of an indictment of the other candidate/party than it is an endorsement of the winner. For the loser it is a time to take a good look in the mirror and fix the dark spots on your image. Calling the voting public stupid indicates a party that is unwilling to address their flaws and mistakes.
On the other hand the winners too often view the results and a full fledged endorsement and push their bad ideas full steam ahead and then wonder why the paddle wheel falls apart in the current.
One of the flaws in a two party system.
Underinformed and comfortable w that+blindly loyal to a demigod+ignorant of history+anti-science+stuck on one issue+noncritical of chosen leadership+afraid of inevitable change+confusing social connection w good governance=stupid.

Last edited:
People act like the majority of Montanans are hunters when only like 1/4 of them are And of those that are probably 75% or more of them don’t have a damn clue or care what’s going on just as long as they can drive around for a month looking for a deer and shoot it thanksgiving weekend. Next election will be the same shit

i've had hunting friends ask me what the CPW "commission" is and what they do.

i bet 75% is a good estimate across most western states in the "don't have a damn clue" category.

Are Montanans this stupid? Debatable, but they are stupid enough to be blindly partisan. When I made a Trumper friend of mine in Havre aware of the changes in FWP the last two years, particularly mandating four commission seats to big shot landowners, he simply refused to believe me. "That's fake news!" And the spring bear hound hunting: "The liberals did that!" I mean, the Republican party could fill a trash bag with dog shit, put a cowboy hat on it, and easily make it a serious contender for governor or US Senator. Montanans just don't care what's under the hat inside the bag. Prop it up with a purple flag and they will vote for it. That's all they care about.

Are Montanans this stupid? Debatable, but they are stupid enough to be blindly partisan. When I made a Trumper friend of mine in Havre aware of the changes in FWP the last two years, particularly mandating four commission seats to big shot landowners, he simply refused to believe me. "That's fake news!" And the spring bear hound hunting: "The liberals did that!" I mean, the Republican party could fill a trash bag with dog shit, put a cowboy hat on it, and easily make it a serious contender for governor or US Senator. Montanans just don't care what's under the hat inside the bag. Prop it up with a purple flag and they will vote for it. That's all they care about.
Finally a post of yours I can hit “like”

So many variables to contend when choosing from the two party system the voters continually support/endorse.
Value on both sides beyond wildlife from State Gov / Congress to Fed Representatives for the State.

Some seem content to blame one party for one aspect yet ignore the detriment of their own and why the State voted as we did.

This trench polar party parade has damaged the great State of Montana among many other States and our Republic.

Until we stop looking at the other party with our nose up wind of our own party's dung, we will continue to reap what we've sown.
This video always comes to mind ....

Definitely wisdom in this, outside of discussions of open primaries, etc. Montana had a much better option than the current one on the R side. One problem I see, is I think a venn diagram like this is maybe somewhat representative of reality in 2022 America.
I think there's so much truth to this and the subsequent diagram. Tim Fox would have been so much better. I just feel like there is no electable candidate on either side that fits inside the green circle and likely not going to be one in the foreseeable future.

People act like the majority of Montanans are hunters when only like 1/4 of them are And of those that are probably 75% or more of them don’t have a damn clue or care what’s going on just as long as they can drive around for a month looking for a deer and shoot it thanksgiving weekend. Next election will be the same shit
This! Some of the best big buck killers Ive known in our area don’t know a damn thing about conservation or really put any thought into it. That’s not an indictment on them as trophy hunters. But it shows that even a large portion of guys spending a lot of time in the field just assume that the people appointed in charge will make all the right decisions for the best interest of us and wildlife. And I’ve been guilty of that sentiment in the past as well. It’s easy to be in that group.

Does that mean Matt Rosendale is not a real person?

^^^spot on

It’s kind of ironic that the unelectable national Democratic Party set the stage for the state Republican Party to get the Governor in that they did. As many have said it’s not going to get better in the next election cycle. Wish I could see a light at the end of the tunnel. All I see is a continued spiral downward for wildlife on accessible lands.

It’s kind of ironic that the unelectable national Democratic Party set the stage for the state Republican Party to get the Governor in that they did. As many have said it’s not going to get better in the next election cycle. Wish I could see a light at the end of the tunnel. All I see is a continued spiral downward for wildlife on accessible lands.
It is also Montana voters putting out of state people in positions of office. I

The politics need to be taken out of wildlife management. The commission and the Director need to be elected. Many have said it will only escalate the politicalization but at least people would know what they are voting for if they care. Current system isn’t working. Wildlife management isn’t Democrat or Republican.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back