Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

FWP lies about Corner Crossing

Knowing that specific corner on G/T and Sangray, hopefully no one tries to use this case as the MT litmus test for corner crossing. This is not the one to do it on. No GoFundMe or anything. If Sangray is found guilty, the AG’s will crow about how this is proof that corner crossing is an illegal taking and trespass of private property rights. BHA and others need to actually read the article and realize there’s likely proof Sangray actually trespassed, not corner crossed. This is not the Elk Mountain case.
Again, a newspaper article and what the AGs say to reporters is not evidence. He's entitled to a presumption of innocence, and only a jury will decide what proof the AG has. BHA hasn't set up a GoFundMe or anything else, but is simply watching it carefully. As all of us should, for many of the exact reasons you outlined here. Don't assume BHA and others aren't paying close attention and know quite a bit about what is happening with this one.

Knowing that specific corner on G/T and Sangray, hopefully no one tries to use this case as the MT litmus test for corner crossing. This is not the one to do it on. No GoFundMe or anything. If Sangray is found guilty, the AG’s will crow about how this is proof that corner crossing is an illegal taking and trespass of private property rights. BHA and others need to actually read the article and realize there’s likely proof Sangray actually trespassed, not corner crossed. This is not the Elk Mountain case.
Is the survey pin not in? Without a pin it’s anyone’s guess where exactly to cross. Who has the burden to prove this? Innocent until proven guilty I would say that would be the landowner and prosecution. I wouldn’t ever consider crossing at an unmarked corner but that’s just me

Is the survey pin not in? Without a pin it’s anyone’s guess where exactly to cross. Who has the burden to prove this? Innocent until proven guilty I would say that would be the landowner and prosecution. I wouldn’t ever consider crossing at an unmarked corner but that’s just me
Yes. It's not a question. As a matter of law, that burden lies squarely with the prosecution.

I agree; I wouldn't personally cross at an unmarked corner. The risk isn't worth the reward to me, nor would I want to jeopardize it for everyone else. But here we are.

What is special about this corner?

Again, a newspaper article and what the AGs say to reporters is not evidence. He's entitled to a presumption of innocence, and only a jury will decide what proof the AG has. BHA hasn't set up a GoFundMe or anything else, but is simply watching it carefully. As all of us should, for many of the exact reasons you outlined here. Don't assume BHA and others aren't paying close attention and know quite a bit about what is happening with this one.
I guess I’m more concerned somebody with good intentions starts a GoFundMe trying to help out. I also understand innocent until proven guilty but also know the suspect. Doubt the Attorney General charges something this minor without pretty good evidence.

I‘ve been to the corner. There’s a 20’ diameter cedar that appears to have grown dead center of where the corner pin would be. Have yet to see the packable ladder that would get you over that.
Sounds like instead of a ladder he should have taken his hedge trimmer maybe

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sscrano
Back