Caribou Gear

FWP: Hank's out Dustin Temple in

Agreed but a private landowner can control access however they want on their land. If they only want a certain number of hunters or time they can do that. They can help in any number of ways with too many critters on their property
That is just not as easy as it sounds, As the landowner you can set all kinds of rules, it is the sticking with them that is the hard part. I can remember thinking about just not having youth hunters when the youth season was started. That lasted about five minutes. When the guy that helped your aging inlaws with a bunch of stuff like getting the dead washing machine out of the house asks if his twelve year old can go hunting, you are breaking that rule. I have only turned down one person like this and regretted it ever since. Same happened with the mussel loader season. Maybe I am just a softy. Hard enough to stick with rules if you are the sole owner, when there are multiple owners, nearly impossible. Only sure way is to let someone else make the rules and most of the time they are willing to pay you to do so.

Last edited:
I'll ask again, what qualifies Temple for the job beyond being an accomplished yes man bureaucrat? Does he have any education? Whether he's a nice guy or a bulldozer matters less to me than his proven ability to think for himself. I can find absolutely nothing for background information and I am considered by many in my field to be a top shelf researcher.

I'll ask again, what qualifies Temple for the job beyond being an accomplished yes man bureaucrat? Does he have any education? Whether he's a nice guy or a bulldozer matters less to me than his proven ability to think for himself. I can find absolutely nothing for background information and I am considered by many in my field to be a top shelf researcher.
Good knee pads. The key to every ladder climber that gets into leadership

From my perspective, Temple has been in charge for a while and this came about now to make it look like it wasn't an attempt to skirt a senate confirmation.

I hope Hank has a good retirement. I think a lot of the past two years he’s been between a rock and a hard place and I can’t say I’ve seen too many public officials willing to stand and hear the criticism like he did. Regardless of the disagreements I had with him, I respect that.
Funny y’all show some homage when he won’t be around anymore 😂 last month it was “RITFH” and now it’s best wishes 😂😂

From what I've heard, he does not have the background that would make him qualified for the job

I'll give $25 to the truck stop knife of @wllm's choice if anyone can tell me what the official qualifications of the agency director are.
apparently it's a lamber approval

apparently it's a lamber approval
I Am The Decider GIF - Decider Newgirl Nick - Discover ...

Electing our commissioners is about the only way I could ever see Montana getting out of the cycle of horrible management. Or a complete restructure. I know the likely hood of that happening. Good luck to the new director and more importantly the wildlife in this state.

I'll give $25 to the truck stop knife of @wllm's choice if anyone can tell me what the official qualifications of the agency director are.

Less stringent than those of many of the folks who apply for seasonal tech jobs that don’t even get an interview?

But ain’t it true of all appointed positions…

With how screwed up the draw is someone with an IT background may not be the worst decision.
The failed draws have been embarrassing for Montana, but I also think it’s been good to show it’s a failing agency. I truly am perplexed that the nonresidents will continue to fund this shit show. No matter how a Montanan chooses to vote this isn’t getting fixed with the status quo.

Hopefully Dustin does well but from what I've heard from FWP employees, it is not promising. Hard to have a warm fuzzy feeling when you've heard reports of him saying he came here to 'bulldoze people'. Not entirely sure what that means but I'm sure we'll find out soon enough...

If the folks he was referring to “bulldoze” (if indeed that is even attributable to him) are the status quo resident hunters who refuse to support shortening seasons or changing structure to alleviate pressure on deer and elk then I hope he steps on the gas.

shocker that he’s gotten direction to deal with the “overabundance problem”.

Hopefully Dustin does well but from what I've heard from FWP employees, it is not promising. Hard to have a warm fuzzy feeling when you've heard reports of him saying he came here to 'bulldoze people'. Not entirely sure what that means but I'm sure we'll find out soon enough...
I have heard the same thing. Several of my neighbors are or were very high up with FWP. The things they have told me don't give me any hope things will get better.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back