FWP: Hank's out Dustin Temple in

Does anybody know Dustin Temples background?

I agree I hope it’s not a health issue.

But this is a wtf moment.

““I’m proud of what we’ve accomplished as a department, from working to reestablish public trust, to being a straightforward partner and honest broker with folks, to improving the agency’s culture," Worsech stated in a press release from the governor's office Friday morning.”

““I’m proud of what we’ve accomplished as a department, from working to reestablish public trust, to being a straightforward partner and honest broker with folks, to improving the agency’s culture," Worsech stated in a press release from the governor's office Friday morning.”

I don't disagree with you, but what else did anyone expect he was going to say? Every time someone leaves public office they throw themselves a victory parade...

Press releases/retirement speeches/etc in these circumstances are about as insightful as a post game interview with a pro athlete... Of course they worked hard, of course they are making progress, but it doesn't mean it has any basis in reality. The media doesn't deal in objective truth, everyone knows it, but nobody cares.

I looked around a bit, found his LinkedIn page. Sweet selfie:
1685731099157.png

And here is his speech. He has a sizable amount of potholes to repair in terms of Montanan's trust in "the gov's vision".......

“It’s an honor to serve Montana as FWP director, and I’m humbled by the confidence Governor Gianforte has placed in me,” Temple said. “Just as Hank has, we’ll deliver on the governor’s vision for Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks – to serve Montanans well, provide sound science and reliable information to policymakers, and protect our Montana way of life for generations of Montanans to come.”

From my perspective, Temple has been in charge for a while and this came about now to make it look like it wasn't an attempt to skirt a senate confirmation.

I hope Hank has a good retirement. I think a lot of the past two years he’s been between a rock and a hard place and I can’t say I’ve seen too many public officials willing to stand and hear the criticism like he did. Regardless of the disagreements I had with him, I respect that.

Last edited:
I looked around a bit, found his LinkedIn page. Sweet selfie:
View attachment 278336

And here is his speech. He has a sizable amount of potholes to repair in terms of Montanan's trust in "the gov's vision".......

“It’s an honor to serve Montana as FWP director, and I’m humbled by the confidence Governor Gianforte has placed in me,” Temple said. “Just as Hank has, we’ll deliver on the governor’s vision for Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks – to serve Montanans well, provide sound science and reliable information to policymakers, and protect our Montana way of life for generations of Montanans to come.”
A puke emoji would be handy here, or maybe one that communicates that I would like to give the guy a wedgy…

I hope Hank has a good retirement. I think a lot of the past two years he’s been between a rock and a hard place and I can’t say I’ve seen too many public officials willing to stand and hear the criticism like he did. Regardless of the disagreements I had with him, I respect that.
Completely agree. I sent several emails and promptly received phone calls from the director. I didn’t agree with him on a lot of things but he would listen and it was pretty cool to have a director that was that accessible. Hopefully Dustin Temple isn’t hell bent on killing elk the way Hank was.

Thats what I thought as well. What a Joke

I think a lot of the past two years he’s been between a rock and a hard place and I can’t say I’ve seen too many public officials willing to stand and hear the criticism like he did. Regardless of the disagreements I had with him, I respect that.
This exactly. I've often felt kind of bad for him as the public face and recipient of ire for a lot of what might have been his own boss' policies. Appreciate that he was approachable and responsive, even taking the time to show up and engage at some local conservation org events where he wasn't the most popular guy in the room. Hoping he has a long and healthful retirement.

One of the more shocking things Hank did (simply because I wasn't ready for it) was call me at work to discuss an op-ed I helped write. We agreed to disagree, but he was cordial, professional, and always willing to be direct. He ended the call by giving me his personal number. There aren't many directors of state agencies in this country that are so willing to reach out to the people they serve. I was also quite blunt with him a couple years ago at one of his town halls, and he took it in stride.

So I'll echo everyone's comments here: I may have had my disagreements with him, but I certainly respect him, and wish him well.

IT guy with a penchant for power trips and getting sued. Also enjoys the taste of the boots of those who can help him get what he wants. Big on not allowing any sort of scientific management be part of decision making. Let MOGA and their legislature and commission handle those minor problems. Word on the hill is they tried to get him in as director two years ago but wouldn’t have survived any sort of vetting or confirmation process.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back