Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Funny political memes

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, it seems the POTUS political humor exudes a dirth of healthy humor, putting a very small "f" on funny.
In my narrow minded 'curmudgeonous' world only positive things would be expressed regarding the persons of Presidents Trump, Biden, Bush, Clinton, Carter, etal.
Focus the criticism on programs, decisions, directives and other potentially impactful issues ... rather than disparaging individuals' traits or physical shortcomings.

Hypothetical: Back in the last big downturn days, would you have belittled FDR for his polio affliction and resulting crippling just for the sake of a few political "laughs"?
Recognizing the latitude in discussing a large diverse range of topics and issues on this forum ... still we all could better ourselves by seeking integrity and respectfulness in expression.
Beat me up if you want ... I can take it and have in a real combat zone.

IMO, it seems the POTUS political humor exudes a dirth of healthy humor, putting a very small "f" on funny.
In my narrow minded 'curmudgeonous' world only positive things would be expressed regarding the persons of Presidents Trump, Biden, Bush, Clinton, Carter, etal.
Focus the criticism on programs, decisions, directives and other potentially impactful issues ... rather than disparaging individuals' traits or physical shortcomings.

Hypothetical: Back in the last big downturn days, would you have belittled FDR for his polio affliction and resulting crippling just for the sake of a few political "laughs"?
Recognizing the latitude in discussing a large diverse range of topics and issues on this forum ... still we all could better ourselves by seeking integrity and respectfulness in expression.
1616256640472.png

January-6-Memes-Michael-Gibson-Townsquare-Media.jpg

Screen_Shot_2020_02_11_at_4.46.25_PM.0.png

stimulus-memes-8-1608748662771.png

Sadly this isn't new. I grew up with relatives who dreamt of going to Hyde Park just to spit on this grave. We aren't any better/worse than we used to be, the internet just lets us display our disrespectful and tribal foolishness for all to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back