MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

From the "You've Got to be $hittin' me" Department

Morons ! Ya want to hear about MORONS!!

Well, Wash H. just this past season an idiot and his two sons were hog hunting. Son #1 blurts out " Hey, There's a Hog" !!

Idiot 'responsible adult' throws up his trusty, drop 'em in their tracks, ol' 30/06 and lets one flew at the Hog, a 100 yds away................right throught his other son who was wearing a black stocking cap! The boy had on blaze too, but he's still dead.

I was in AZ, had to push through some thick Mesquite in a drainage bottom to get up the other side of the canyon, as I was coming out I heard the VERY fimiliar (flashbacks) whine of a bullet buzz by ALLLLLL too d**n close! It must have clipped a branch along the way, and started to tumble, or I don't think I'd have heard it coming and reacted. I hit the dirt screaming. F this and F that!!

Mr. Hunter had heard me coming and 'SAW" antlers (branches), so he just let one fly............. and I had on a full blaze shirt and ball cap.

Yes, there are MORONS who will shoot you.

[ 02-11-2004, 15:16: Message edited by: Gunner46 ]

Morons shouldn't be allowed to hunt! :mad:

Gunner, did you have a talk with Mr. Hunter? I sure hope so...

So you really think there are hunters out there who would blaze away at an upside down deer head attached to an orange pack? :confused:

Oh..and I wonder if the son who is still alive will ever go hunting with his dumbf**k dad. Actually, it probably won't be an option, because the dad (I hope) will not be allowed to ever hunt again. Of course, he could still buy his kid a license and take his kid hunting, if the kid was dumb enough to go. Isn't there any way to keep guns away from this type of person?

So you really think there are hunters out there who would blaze away at an upside down deer head attached to an orange pack?
Using the term "hunter" loosely, mind you, my answer would be "yes!" There are guys who have shot fellow turkey hunters because they saw a flash of red or blue--the other hunter's socks, for instance. There are stories like Gunner's of people seeing branches and thinking they're antlers. Not too long ago was the tale of the old man (where was he? I forget) who sat on his porch and shot a girl's horse out from under her, thinking it was a deer. Many cattle have been shot over the years in similar circumstances. A guy here in KY shot an elk cow a couple of years back, then drove around with it in the back of his pickup bragging about the big doe that he shot. That wasn't quite the same thing, but it still demonstrates that he was...um...less than fully informed about his target. ;)

Is there any safe alternative to packing out your antlers? Well, only by dragging it on the ground, which isn't really an option in Moosieville. I guess this blaze orange thingy would be about as safe as anything short of asking your wife to pack the head for you. :D

If I can remember correctly my words with MORON went something like (it's been awhile)

" WHAT THE F*$K DO YOU THINK YOUR SHOOTING AT, YA G@& D#*M F*#K**N' a$$h@%E!!! DO I LOOK LIKE A ORANGE G#$ D**M M*&$^F8^K**G
DEER!!!!!!!!

Yeah... that's pretty close.....

Good job Gunner, at least you chewed his ass out a little. Maybe he'll think twice next time he "thinks" he sees a deer. Tell you the truth..I think I would have been tempted to shoot back. :eek:

I mean, really, how do you know the guy shooting at you isn't some psycho anti-hunter out there trying to defend the helpless animals?

Several years ago a girl in a pink snowsuit riding a sled got shot in minnesota as she was "mistaken" for a deer. Perhaps we should make hunters safety a little more difficult and require a friggin' IQ test to accompany it!

smalls

I agree with you smalls. I was hunting here opening day just before sun up hear a CRACK and all the sudden it's rainin' branches. wearing an orange hat and vest. later that day head back for the truck get stopped by a game warden to check my tags, talking to him a while and "CRACK!!!! it starts rainin' branches again.

I figured it was bay area 1 day a year hunters so I headed back to camp and waited them out. later that night I was at the little grill getting a burger when the same game warden came in and told us he had found 5 guys poaching and that they told him about 2 other deer they had seen on the road earlier in the morning (us).

So yeah there are morons in the field, I think Hunter safety classes should challenge the students further and then do the IQ test to get a firearm.

ell maybenot in the woods; but, I'm certain the judge will buy this one: "Your Honor I swear I l didn't know it was my wife wearing a towel on her head, I thought she was a terrorist!!" :eek:

PAAAWWWSSS!!!!!

You weren't supposed to tell anybody about that!!!

And 'sides, what was she doing in the kitchen, at 4PM COOKING ???(Yeah, like THAT was ever really gonna happen).

Washington Hunter, I never mistook a person for an animal or shot blindly at sounds in the bushes...but I did mistake an animal for a person a few times. Thought my hunting partner was trying to pull a prank on me...found out that he was still in camp asleep. Guess I was out for my "early morning stroll" and ended up right smack dab in the middle of a big herd of elk. Was too dark for them to see me, or vice-versa. Heck...they sounded just like ol' Steve!

A few years ago I did have the unsavory experience of having projectiles go whistling just over my head in the woods. I had on my fluorescent orange stuff! Some out of staters (won't say which state :D ) claimed that they thought I was a deer since they heard noise in the bushes...what tipped them off, was this time the deer shot back!
elkgrin.gif
(Honestly, I shot way high, but I didn't plan on becoming a statistic either!)

Rogue, you just reminded me of a story I read a while back...a guy and his girlfriend were out in the woods (in Oregon) sleeping in his truck, he gets up early and goes deer hunting while the girlfriend continues to sleep..he hunts for a while then walking back to the truck he sees what he imagines to be a cougar about to pounce on his girlfriend sleeping in the back of the truck. Well, you guessed it, the "cat" was his girlfriend, and yes, he shot her. F'in moron. :mad:

Back